I am having a problem keeping one of my strings on my PRS SE Custom in tune. I got it about 2 months ago and put new strings on about last month. It had .009's on it when I bought it and I put .010's and tuned it down from E standard to D standard to play with my band.

When I put my f string on (3rd) I ****ed up and the string slipped as I was tuning it up. I thought this was what was causing my tuning problem but apparently not. I put new strings on it yesterday, and they have all stretched out nicely but this one string when ever bent or what ever else still detunes. All the other strings stay in tune except for this one. Any idea what I should check or what could be causing the problem?
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by azn_guitarist25
check your string wrapping technique and also it might be worth it to lube your nut.

lol.
"I will endure, hide away...

I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure"

Opeth - April Ethereal
I'm guessing it's the nut, lube that **** up and make sure the holes for the strings are big enough to house them. Graphite (pencil lead) is good for lubrication, just sharpen up a pencil and colour it in. I find that used razor blades are good for expanding the holes, but anything sharp'll do, especially if it's a cheap plastic nut.

PS: Aren't 10's a bit sloppy in D standard? I use 12's or 13's at least for that. Different scale length maybe?
Quote by MopMaster
I'm guessing it's the nut, lube that **** up and make sure the holes for the strings are big enough to house them. Graphite (pencil lead) is good for lubrication, just sharpen up a pencil and colour it in. I find that used razor blades are good for expanding the holes, but anything sharp'll do, especially if it's a cheap plastic nut.

PS: Aren't 10's a bit sloppy in D standard? I use 12's or 13's at least for that. Different scale length maybe?

Yeah ill try that. And I don't think 10's are. I don't really like thick strings though. I use D'Addario super lights and reg lights. I don't find them to be sloppy and I've played them for 4 years.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████