I have a ESP Ltd ec 100 that I recently bought. After many years of playing around and trying to learn the guitar I finally decided to get serious and take some lessons. I have been playing for about two months now. I am happy with the Ltd but will be upgrading in the future. I was wondering what kind of upgrades i could add to the Ltd to make a good backup guitar. I want t fix it up and keep it since it is my first electric. My next guitar will probably be something that is more suited for blues and rock. I would like to use the LTD for heavier rock. Let me know what you think.
TonePros bridge
Dimarzio/Seymour Duncan pickups
Grover 18:1 tuners
GraphTech nut

That will do it.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
i would say don't bother upgrading/modifying cheap guitars and get something that's built really well with good woods and then modify it.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i would say don't bother upgrading/modifying cheap guitars and get something that's built really well with good woods and then modify it.

Basswood is fine, but yeh. a Basswood LP with a bolt on neck isn't really worth upgrading it, if you seriously want to upgrade it look at my last post. Even if it still dosen't play well get a new guitar and put the upgraded stuff on it.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.