hey guys. i have recorded 2 jazz pieces, and would like some crit for crit. one is just some improv over a jazz blues, and the other is a chord solo version of someday my prince will come. thanks guys
you are hearing me talk

CHECK OUT MY TUNES ON MY PROFILE

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
bump
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
ok its been another 12ish hours, no comments at all?
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
okay, so first of all if you want more comments, dont bump. crit other people's work and leave a link to your thread, its called crit4crit.
second, your recording is really pretty "meh" in terms of mixing and sound quality, and your playing was kinda sloppy at times, which is surprising if you're studying jazz at a conservatorium.
other than that, pretty typical jazz, no surprises or anything that sets it apart from other jazz pieces

crit me and be brutally honest
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160801
yeah, sorry guys. im new to the riffs part. and i recorded those pieces before i went to the conservatorium, lol, so i suppose im a bit better now. also, im just putting a cable into my PC and recording, inaudacity. so that explains the bad quality. again, sorry
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Quote by edwarde
yeah, sorry guys. im new to the riffs part. and i recorded those pieces before i went to the conservatorium, lol, so i suppose im a bit better now. also, im just putting a cable into my PC and recording, inaudacity. so that explains the bad quality. again, sorry

no need to apologize (thanks for the crit) I made the same mistakes when I first started posting here

anyway, if you like recording, I would recommend getting a kind of USB interface, you can pick up decent used ones for about 50$, and that REALLY upgrades your recording quality, believe me. obviously for professional material you'll need more expensive stuff, but for demos like this a line6 UX1 or something would really work wonders.
Quote by CoreysMonster
no need to apologize (thanks for the crit) I made the same mistakes when I first started posting here

anyway, if you like recording, I would recommend getting a kind of USB interface, you can pick up decent used ones for about 50$, and that REALLY upgrades your recording quality, believe me. obviously for professional material you'll need more expensive stuff, but for demos like this a line6 UX1 or something would really work wonders.

thanks man, yeah i will definitely look into a USB interface. and maybe go back to the drawing board and record some more!
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Well, I won't talk about the sound, given what you explained before in the thread.
It seems to me that your phrasing is a little too academic, meaning that you play the scales and arpeggios on the chord progression without trying to build something.
This said, you obviously have a good understanding of music, and I'm sure you'll be agreat player once you won't think about it when you play...

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162789
Quote by belpat
Well, I won't talk about the sound, given what you explained before in the thread.
It seems to me that your phrasing is a little too academic, meaning that you play the scales and arpeggios on the chord progression without trying to build something.
This said, you obviously have a good understanding of music, and I'm sure you'll be agreat player once you won't think about it when you play...

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162789

thanks , and yeah, thats something ive noticed alot about myself, and i'm still in the process of being able to play these things without having to think about which scales notes etc to use. thanks for the honest crit
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Hi there !
I've been listening to your playing, and as others have said, you could really need some better recording equipment.The playing is very good, I think you have a nice rhythm in your playing,and even with the bad recording,the notes stand out clear,though not so loud.You obviously got a good plectrum technique !
Summary ; Not a good recording if you want your good playing skills reviewed.
Love to hear more from you in a better recorded song !
Quote by Damocles
Hi there !
I've been listening to your playing, and as others have said, you could really need some better recording equipment.The playing is very good, I think you have a nice rhythm in your playing,and even with the bad recording,the notes stand out clear,though not so loud.You obviously got a good plectrum technique !
Summary ; Not a good recording if you want your good playing skills reviewed.
Love to hear more from you in a better recorded song !

thanks that means alot , i will get better equipment post haste!
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Not bad, as others have said your phrasing is a bit 'academic', but I tend to do this to. Keep at it! and yes a usb interface would help, I reckon your tone was decent, but a an interface would do wonders
Gear
Laney VC15
PRS Tremonti SE Black
Yamaha Pacifica 112J OVS
Ibanez AW15ECE
Ibanez TS-808 RI
EHX Small Clone USA
EXH Deluxe Big Muff Pi Distorter Compressor
Boss DD3
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
thanks for the comments guys. all i done was plug my guitar directly into my amp, with nothing on it except a chorus in cubase. probably a bad idea looking back on it lol. i am looking into a line 6 gx now
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Someday my Prince Will Come - Nice arrangement, nice chord shapes and extensions. BUT, it MUST be played faster. Or if you want to do it slower, it has to be more clear and more in rhythm. I would play it faster.

Lydian attempt MT jam - C lydian major. Some nice patterns. But you didn't try to make a melody or some riff. Just some scale playing. Maybe you should try with less notes and more sequences.

Jazz blues in Bb - Best of all 3. Good sound. Nice feeling. Only, too many notes in my opinion. Some notes are not incorporated well. But overall nice try on blues!

You should just continue and don't stop. And you will progress!
Quote by igormiskovic
Someday my Prince Will Come - Nice arrangement, nice chord shapes and extensions. BUT, it MUST be played faster. Or if you want to do it slower, it has to be more clear and more in rhythm. I would play it faster.

Lydian attempt MT jam - C lydian major. Some nice patterns. But you didn't try to make a melody or some riff. Just some scale playing. Maybe you should try with less notes and more sequences.

Jazz blues in Bb - Best of all 3. Good sound. Nice feeling. Only, too many notes in my opinion. Some notes are not incorporated well. But overall nice try on blues!

You should just continue and don't stop. And you will progress!

thanks man. yeah i play someday with alot more rhythm and speed now, instead of a ballady wank, lol. the lydian thing i just done inone take, and listening to it now makes me want to cringe a bit. and i know what you mean by too many notes. i let myself get carried away too much
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone