Hey,

Lately, I've been experiencing a weird sensation in my right hand(my picking hand). After playing continuously for a couple of hours and taking a short break, I can't play accurately at all. My hand feels almost numb, kind of like the feeling in your muscles when you wake up, all relaxed and unresponsive. What do I do? Does anyone else suffer from this? Also, if it helps, I only experience this after playing a lot of fast riffs. I can play slower stuff all day and my hand feels perfectly fine at the end of it.
Could be CTS or Tendinitis, can you grasp objects firmly with your hand? Do you get a tingly sensation every know and then, starting from the thumb and first 2 fingers?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by deluded_reality
I can do all other activities normally. There's no pain or tingling sensation in any of the fingers.

Not really too sure then, I mean, it could just be weak muscles in your hand, but it could be something else.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
You probably need to throw in some accuracy exercises now and then while practicing those fast riffs, because hands tend to adjust to the technique you use most often and you need to know how to change your picking technique fast (i.e. you should be able to play a few chord strums and then add a scalar lick). So I guess that may be your problem.
Or you're just too tense. see if your hand is really loose and relaxed playing those fast riifs, as it should be. No tension, no pain.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
The riff doesn't have any strumming patters or tempo changes in it. It's just 16th notes down picked at 135 bpm. Thanks for the advice though, I'll definitely incorporate that into my warm up regimen.

deludedit:
Quote by Ed T H
Or you're just too tense. see if your hand is really loose and relaxed playing those fast riifs, as it should be. No tension, no pain.

Yeah, it is quite tense. I'll try consciously relaxing it.
Last edited by deluded_reality at Jul 14, 2009,