The Custom has neck binding and probably better hardware. Not sure if they noth have the same pickups. Both are overpriced when compared with a lot of the competition.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

slightly different gear, i like the custom, if you got it though, swap the alinco classic Pups out and put the vintage Alinco Pups in.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Agreed, Alnico Vintage's would sound a lot better, but I'd rather put some SD's in there myself.

I think the custom has a slightly better wood material also. It's definitley better but not worth the extra cash IMO, but then again $150 is nothing when it comes to buying guitars.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
That's actually a very good question. Both guitars use the same woods, pickups and hardware. There's a big difference between the Gibson models of the same name, but I'm not sure about the Epiphones.
Quote by sashki
That's actually a very good question. Both guitars use the same woods, pickups and hardware. There's a big difference between the Gibson models of the same name, but I'm not sure about the Epiphones.

The custom is alder/mahogany, the standard is mahogany and maple veneer. Little bit of a difference there. Other then that and a few hardware differences (obviously said already) they're pretty much the same.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.