hello guys

I tightened the Whammy bar on my guitar and I noticed a huge postive sound change but as I was tightening the bar, I recalled when I tightened the the low e (( the thickest string )) and got it cut . now my questions are What happens if I tightened it too much? how do I know the tightening is enough? and tell me if I am wrong, the guitar squeals if the whammy bar is tightened enough?.

Thank you guys, I appreciate your help.
I think he means he tightened the screws on his Strat trem. But judging by how he worded it whatever answer we give him he won't understand at all.

I'll give it a go.

YOU WILL COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY **** EVERYTHING UP AND YOUR PLUCKY THINGS WILL SNAP OR YOU WILL HAVE TO GET DA THINGY WITH TUNER THINGY AND FIX IT AT THE KNOBBY THINGS AT THE OTHER END OF DA GUITAR.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Jul 14, 2009,
But U C He Plays Guitar Hero So Dat Part Is Actually Like Da Hole Wammy Bar!!!
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
I am talking about adjusting the tension of the whammy bar or vibrato or whatever you call it.
hope you guys do understand now, if not, I'd get answers on the hard way
I think he means he tightened the screws on his Strat trem. But judging by how he worded it whatever answer we give him he won't understand at all.

I'll give it a go.

YOU WILL COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY **** EVERYTHING UP AND YOUR PLUCKY THINGS WILL SNAP OR YOU WILL HAVE TO GET DA THINGY WITH TUNER THINGY AND FIX IT AT THE KNOBBY THINGS AT THE OTHER END OF DA GUITAR.

Lucky me, I think I was close to end this guitar's life.
Not really, only the strings. If you tighten it too much they might snap, there is no need to tighten is anything. Make sure you just retune it and everything will be fine.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by Yamahist
I am talking about adjusting the tension of the whammy bar or vibrato or whatever you call it.
hope you guys do understand now, if not, I'd get answers on the hard way

nothing will happen unless you go extremely hard on the whammy bar and break it which i've done except when trying to remove the arm instead of putting it in. ****ing cheap jackson bridges.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
nothing will happen unless you go extremely hard on the whammy bar and break it which i've done except when trying to remove the arm instead of putting it in. ****ing cheap jackson bridges.

He isn't talking about the actual whammy bar, unless you can use a whammy bar to tighten strings? wut?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
i seriously had a problem reading your post, TS. you tigtened the bar... but the string broke? makes no sense...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I think you're not getting good answers because your question is very vague.

"I tightened the wammy bar" .... That doesn't tell us exactly what you did.

This may be because of a lack of understanding the names of the parts of a guitar. That's fine, not a slam on you. Everyone starts at the beginning some time.

I attached a picture to describe the parts of a basic tremolo bridge.
PLEASE forgive the crudeness of the picture....

There are also screws on the BACK side of the guitar, that change the tension of the SPRINGS (these are not in the picture).

Can you tell us which screws you adjusted?
Attachments:
bridge.JPG

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Jul 14, 2009,