So I'll be picking up my electric soon and I may be getting ahead of myself a bit here but can anyone recommend some good pedals for a beginner.

I've been playing acousticly for over a year and think it'll take a bit of practice to get comfy with my LP, but i know i'll want to branch out more soon enough!

Any hints or tips?!

exotic lingerie
guitar lessons dvd
I use Boss pedals. For a good distortion sound, I use a Super Overdrive pedal, and I also have an Acoustic Simulator, which has a really nice tone and I don't have to lug my acoustic along to shows if I want that sound. I'm getting along fine with those, and I've been playing for 9 years. I would start off with a Distortion or Overdrive pedal first, then work your way up to other cooler sounds depending on what you play.
A distortionpedal is a must if you ask me
(unless you want to use the distortion of the amp ofcourse)
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
i think it would depend on what amp you are using. what you should do is bring your amp to the nearest shop and just try out a bunch of pedals and find the one that you think is best.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
get a amp with reverb! you will get a much warmer tone with it...you will sound not so "sharp"
a metronome/tuner.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I think getting your hands on a cheap multi-effects pedal would be a good idea. It'll help you to get a feel for a bunch of different effects and decide which ones you like best.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
I agree with the multi-fx, except if you're already sure what sound you want, in which case get the pedals that let you make that sound and you'll enjoy playing a lot more. But nowadays good multi-fx have more than enough presets to keep you going until your 3rd guitar!
I use the Boss TU-2 tuner, which comes in very handy. Distortion pedals are also a good idea. You can't make quick changes between clean and distortion with the button on the amp, and certain genres require a lot of that.

Boss has several different distortion pedals under $100. It starts with the base DS-1 pedal and goes all the way up to the metal core at around $90. I like the Metal zone myself
Go to a guitar shop and try out pedals. That way you'll know if you want any effects pedals or not.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.