I'm really considering either a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt or a Marshall MG-30 FX amp? have you guys got any opinions?
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton
Without a doubt, go for the Vypyr and never look back at the MG.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
My I ask why you are buying a thousand dollar guitar and only a $200 amp? Your never gonna get a perfect tone out oof the tele and modeeling amp. You should split your budget more effectively. Good tone is gonna come from a good amp first, hte guitar will only pick up what the amp is lacking.

If you do refuse to change your budget though I reccomend the vyper or a cube.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
My I ask why you are buying a thousand dollar guitar and only a $200 amp? Your never gonna get a perfect tone out oof the tele and modeeling amp. You should split your budget more effectively. Good tone is gonna come from a good amp first, hte guitar will only pick up what the amp is lacking.

If you do refuse to change your budget though I reccomend the vyper or a cube.

Well I'm on a tight budget you see. I have roughly £500 to get both an amp and guitar so I'd rather have a better guitar. I will upgrade the amp in time though, but it is only being used for practise in my room

― Dolly Parton
This belongs in GG&A, but I'll advise you, don't ruin such a guitar with an amp that price.

Split the price, instead of the Baja, get a standard MIM Tele and then the leftover money can go on a better amp.
Quote by pak1351
depends what kind of music you're playing and what your budget is

A bit of rock, classic rock and bluesy songs, and roughly £500.

― Dolly Parton
Quote by Punk_Ninja
This belongs in GG&A, but I'll advise you, don't ruin such a guitar with an amp that price.

Split the price, instead of the Baja, get a standard MIM Tele and then the leftover money can go on a better amp.

Ok thanks, but these amps are worth £150, surely I can get A decent sound out of them? I have a Kustom dart fx amp now worth £60 and get good sounds out of it.

― Dolly Parton
Why have a Baja Tele, with a crap modeling ss amp? If thats all the money you have to spend, I would suggest a small watt tube amp, or just keep saving up.
The MG30 shouldn't be costing you £150!

And yeah you can get good sounds (out of the vyper), but to really compliment the quality of the baja tele you want something better.
you will regret not getting a good amp. any decent guitar will work fine, there is no reason to have a $1,000 guitar. (believe me, i made the same mistake) i dont even use that guitar anymore, i use my MIM strat. an average guitar will sound much better through a nice amp than a nice guitar tthrough a p.o.s amp like the two you posted

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Ok guys thanks for the advice! I had a brainstorm and I'm thinking Fook these crappy amps lets get a Peavey Valveking 112!

― Dolly Parton
So you've finally decided to get the Baja? You won't regret it.

About the amp, for your style I'd recommend you to get the Peavey Classic 30 over the Valveking (in fact I think VKs leave much to be desired).
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
i'd get a vox valvetronix for those more classic tones on a budget.

If you're not playing anything too heavy you could maybe even consider one of the cheaper low wattage tube amps- though bear in mind they'll still be really loud, even though they're only 5 watts.

However, that new vox ac4 has a variable wattage control bringing it down to a quarter of a watt- that *should* be bedroom level, but i could be wrong. I haven't tried it yet, but it'd be worth a try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh, +1 for the Vox AC4, I had forgotten it! I haven't tried it either, but it looks like a good deal for what I've heard.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby