What are the main diffrences / styles for each? Which would be the the best in your opinion, why?
Oh, just visit a large guitar store.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
well one thing is scale lengths

Jaguar, Mustang, Jagstang = 24"

Jazzmaster, Jagmaster = 25.5"

Over all they are all somewhat similar guitars, Jaguar and Mustang have similar, strat like, Single coils, Jazzmaster single coils are more like P-90s. Jagmaster, Jagstang and some Some Jaguars have Humbuckers.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
well one thing is scale lengths

Jaguar, Mustang, Jagstang = 24"

Jazzmaster, Jagmaster = 25.5"

Over all they are all somewhat similar guitars, Jaguar and Mustang have similar, strat like, Single coils, Jazzmaster single coils are more like P-90s. Jagmaster, Jagstang and some Some Jaguars have Humbuckers.

actually newer jagmasters have 24'' necks and they comrortable as fack
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Oldest and newest Jagmasters are 24" necks. Oldest Jagmasters use MIJ Jaguar necks.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
actually newer jagmasters have 24'' necks and they comrortable as fack

My Bad, I don't know much about the Jagmaster, now I know
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Jagmasters, IMO, are the best of all worlds (Full disclosure - I own one). The strat whammy bar is much better at staying in tune, and it's easier to find new parts...
One downside - the stock bridge pup is terrible (it can't handle drop d powerchords), so I replaced it.
Quote by DeltaFunk
My Bad, I don't know much about the Jagmaster, now I know

well im happy i could help to help you a little more the jagmaster has nothing to do with the design of the jazzmaster it's basically a stipped down jaguar made for playing rock.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
well im happy i could help to help you a little more the jagmaster has nothing to do with the design of the jazzmaster it's basically a stipped down jaguar made for playing rock.

The 25.5" ones are essentially a Jazzmaster with a Strat trem, neck and two HBs. The 24" ones are the same with a conversion neck. The Vista ones are more of a Jazz/Jag hybrid with a Strat trem. The Jagmaster body is also more like a Jazzmaster and it lacks the tone circuits of a Jaguar. Overall, it's more Jazzmaster then Jaguar like.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
The 25.5" ones are essentially a Jazzmaster with a Strat trem, neck and two HBs. The 24" ones are the same with a conversion neck. The Vista ones are more of a Jazz/Jag hybrid with a Strat trem. The Jagmaster body is also more like a Jazzmaster and it lacks the tone circuits of a Jaguar. Overall, it's more Jazzmaster then Jaguar like.

well yeah but overall its like i said as far as it being basically a stripped down jag.
but thanxs for the correction i never actually thought about that.
Quote by L2112Lif
as for the anatomy of the guitars, well i guess everyone pretty much answered that. as for sound, well...

Jaguar: has single coils, sounds similar to a strat but not entirely. also has the circuit switches and stuff. you can also get jags with humbuckers.

Jagmaster: is basically a cheap version of jazzmaster but with humbuckers

Jazzmaster: has these special pickups that are kind of in between a humbucker and a single coil. i guess it's similar in design to a P-90 pup, but its very unique sounding. it can get lots of feedback too.

Mustang: all in all it is essentially a smaller version of a jaguar(well it may be the same size. my uncle has an old one and it's shorter but they may have changed it by now). It sounds more like a strat than a jaguar does but altogether it's just a jaguar(it's also less expensive than a vintage style jag, but more expensive than the classic player jags). Mustangs also don't ever come with humbuckers unless it is modified.

Jagstang: since i doubt you will find one of these for a good price(i don't believe they are made anymore, ive never been able to find one except on ebay) they are essentially like the name suggests: a combination of a jaguar and a fender mustang. like the jazzmaster it's very unique, but unlike the jazzmaster they are hard as hell to find and they usually go for a lot of money.
Last edited by Nirvana00125 at Aug 6, 2009,