yes folks, i am planning on getting a new and first tube amp.
i love SRV's tone(preferably Little Wing), John Frusciante's tone(shown here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O651ybuNy0).
as you can see from my choices of tone, I'm not into getting a metal tone such as Pantera. I like nice bluesy, but I want some good crunch here and there. i would say budget is at like $600(U.S. dollars). Its mainly going to be for my room, but I would like it to be upwards of 15 watts if possible. I was looking and playing the Fender 600 Champion 5w amp, that is pretty nice but a little small and not really customizable. I was thinking about looking at the amp depicted here http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Blues-Junior-NOS-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483711.
thoughts? suggestions?
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Peavey Classic 30...

/thread
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
so the fender hot rod NOS isnt worth it?
My Gear:
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
Quote by RHCP987123
so the fender hot rod NOS isnt worth it?

I wouldn't think you would need more than 15 watts for bedroom use. I have a couple 15 watt amps and the'siz loud as shlt. A blues jr would work. But there is a lot more out there if you look around at the used market as well as the nos bjr cheaper. What major city are you near?
example
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/msg/1269312341.html
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i had a fender blues deluxe, the clean tone was amazing. SRV/Jimi/etc..

but if you think you are ever going to want HEAVY distortion (not even talking about metal, alot of genres use heavy distortion) the fenders jut wont cut it. I ended up selling mine and buying a B-52, and to be honest i think the clean is almost as good or maybe on par with the fender and the drive/distortion just absolutly blows it away.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
yea i already checked craigslist, nothing interesting
My Gear:
plus accessories
Quote by RHCP987123
yea i already checked craigslist, nothing interesting

Guam, ouch sorry. It's a good amp for what you play.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Guam, ouch sorry. It's a good amp for what you play.

haha i dont really live in Guam dude, i just say that b/c it sounds good.
My Gear:
plus accessories
Quote by RHCP987123
haha i dont really live in Guam dude, i just say that b/c it sounds good.

but in all honesty, you fellow players suggest me the Peavey Classic 30?
My Gear:
plus accessories
^for like 60 bucks more, i could go with this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075 that looks pretty good doesnt it?
thats why i need to get a tube amp!! the MG is making my '56 relic look lame, i need something that looks classy to.
My Gear:
plus accessories
Last edited by RHCP987123 at Jul 14, 2009,
dont do the NOS, the NOS is only an aesthetic upgrade. Waste of money IMO. Skip the Classic 30 and look at Traynor, Laney, even B-52 or the Ceriatones
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^I would go with a Traynor YCV40 or NOS BJ over the classic 30 for what you play even thought the Classic 30 is the amp I think is better.

+1

though i don't think the classic 30 is better, just different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Traynor YCVs would be good... Also Fender Champ... Look at some of the Hot Rod models by Fender too.

Oh yeah, SRV doesn't play Little Wing. I think he's covered it here and there, but it's originally done by Jimi Hendrix.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Traynor YCVs would be good... Also Fender Champ... Look at some of the Hot Rod models by Fender too.

Oh yeah, SRV doesn't play Little Wing. I think he's covered it here and there, but it's originally done by Jimi Hendrix.

My Gear:
plus accessories
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^I agree it is different. I just meant better for me.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about Laney VC15? I think it's perfect for Frusciante. I'd owned one for over a year and it's a really good amp. Classic 30 is also nice. I've never played a Ceriatone but heard a lot of good stuff about these amps. Also Marshall JTM-30 (even if it's half as good as the JTM-60) would be a good choice but there's no new ones.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.