My guitar was tuned to Half-step up (I don't have a capo) and I was tuning back to standard when my High E broke. Strings I used were Ernie Ball 3121 Regular 10 Gauge, And I have DR Tite-fit LH-9 they are 9 Gauge strings. Can I replace the high E string from DR's or do I have to replace every string? I prefer 10 gauge strings more.
buy some 10s and replace all of them
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
unless you're too poor to splurge $5 for new strings... you can use that 9.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
not going to be a problem, just replace it. But rule i follow is that when a string breaks it's about time to swap the entire set. I usually swap mine way before they snap in the first place.
I'd recommend you to replace all of them, but if you don't want to then replacing just the High e will be fine.

The thing to keep in mind, is that your High e will sound better than the rest of your guitar and it'll also be more lubricated
It depends on what you think. Having a whole set of new strings keeps them intonated better but if you don't have many sets of strings you might want to replace just the one.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
If I read that correctly, you have 10's currently on your axe. You have a pack of 9's laying around. Your high E that's on your axe snapped. You want to put the high E from the 9 pack in there.

Go for it. The difference between a 9 and 10 isn't much. You'll probably feel a slight difference but it won't cause any major intonation/tuning issues. Lots of pro guitarists use custom string gauges so they don't have to take exactly what's in a pack.

As an example, I like playing on 10's but I find the .046 low E in most packs is a little too thin. I'd prefer a .048. Most people tell me to get the skinny top heavy bottoms but I hate the difference in feel.
If you want to replace them all, go for it. If you'd rather just replace the one, there is nothing wrong with that either.
Quote by hendrix_128
because its hot when two girls have sex. when two guys have sex, its ****ing gay.
Dude I was fixing my friends Dean, and and all I had was a bunch of random stings in my extra string box (still in the paper sleeves).

The thing had 3 A strings, and 3 G strings.

Needles to say I found out it worked (which is what I was trying to do, it was a pickup problem), but I must add, when your G is at the tension of an E you cannot hammer on or pull off to save your life.
Where did the string break at? Did it break at the bridge, nut, tuning post, etc? Instead of asking if replacing a broken string is fine (and it is) you should be asking as to why it broke.

Changing tunings like that is hard on the unwound strings because the core (and only) wire is exposed. But these strings were new as your said so there could be a small bur somewhere in the string path.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Where did the string break at? Did it break at the bridge, nut, tuning post, etc? Instead of asking if replacing a broken string is fine (and it is) you should be asking as to why it broke.

Changing tunings like that is hard on the unwound strings because the core (and only) wire is exposed. But these strings were new as your said so there could be a small bur somewhere in the string path.

It broke from the tuning post.