Well I have a jackson rr..not sure about the model name anyways...

I have this problem where whenever I switch from the bridge pick-up to the neck pick-up the neck pickup is dead..I'm 100% sure its not the pickup..whenever i toggle back and forth alot the sound eventually comes back on the neck pickup...

But as i continue playing sometimes i exprience a loss in volume and gain..until its dead again..

I tried placing aluminum foil on the contacts of the selector and both pickups function perfectly...But both pick-ups are constantly on wether i toggle the switch or not when I wrap the aluminum foil..and I want to be able to choose between neck and bridge..

Is there not enough contact in the circuits? Like what is up with the selector?
Last edited by acesofbelkan at Jul 14, 2009,
soldering. check it. it might just be a really loose soldering.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
soldering. check it. it might just be a really loose soldering.

yeah i have the same problem
just check the wiring and make sure no wires overlap each other and touches this affects the volume control..wtf my guitar has this problem for the longest while i should go do something about it..
Quote by metalheadblues
yeah i have the same problem
just check the wiring and make sure no wires overlap each other and touches this affects the volume control..wtf my guitar has this problem for the longest while i should go do something about it..

get a soldering iron and fix it up. its quite an easy fix if you know what you're doing. I happen to have a friend thats good with stuff like that and showed me step by step on how to use one. easiest thing in the world. its easier than Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
okay sounds veryyy easy lol...only problem is..this thing is made in india and the elctronics look like a jungle...I think i remember seeing stray animals in there
I have the same problem as well, I took it up to Guitar Center, the guy opened the thing and there was a piece of my dogs hair stuck inbetween the wiring. When we got it out it worked perfectly. A few weeks later, though, it happened again, and again it was my dogs hair. Now, a few days ago it happened, but there was no hair present, so I'm guessing it's the soldering.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
This seems to be a recurring problem with Jackson's. I had the same problem with my KE3 and my DK2M, and I've seen a lot of people here on UG with it as well. As mentioned before, check the wiring. Resolder. If that doesn't help, take it to a Guitar Center or your local music store, and see what their useless employees can do. Maybe a few of 'em put together can summon up enough thought to figure it out.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12