Well I got my first electric guitar over two years ago for the price of $300; it was an Epiphone SG combo pack. After a couple years I realized I progressed in my playing and it may be time to get a better quality guitar. Lately I've been deciding over some of the more popular brands such as Fender or Gibson, but most of my attention has been directed towards PRS, mostly the custom 22/24.

I'm not an expert on guitars so I was wondering what you guys thought of those models and since I can't afford the $2,000+ model, if I should just go for the SE.

Also, other than the amount of frets, what's the difference between the Custom 22 and 24?
LARGE TEXT
If you can pick a CE 24 with HFS pick ups i would recommend and it will be cheaper than a custom but with a great sound. i unerstand they are not made any more but you should be able to get one second hand.
Hey Holy, firstly, the custom 22 & 24 are different because

1) the 24 has 2 more frets (duh)
2) if im not mistaken but I think the 24 has diff pick ups.
3) the custom 22 neck is available in wide thin or wide fat and the 24's neck is available in wide thin or regular.

I own an SE, a Paul Allender Signature SE to be exact and I absolutely love it. I live 30 minutes away from the biggest PRS stockist in the UK and I'm also friends with one of the PRS distributors and they make excellent guitars, not just their American made ones but their SE's are awesome. I've played custom 24's, the Dave Navarro sig, Al Di Meola sig, Mira etc. etc. the list goes on, and i've played pretty much every SE.

IMO, the SE's are the best guitars you can get within a range of £0-£500. And also, I can tell you that the customs are epicly nice. I prefer the 24's but it's personal preference. So yeah, I hope this helps.

EDIT: oh wait, you talking about the SE customs?

If your talking about the SE 22 and 24, these are the differences:

1) 24 has 2 more frets
2) 24's neck wood is maple and the 22's neck wood is mahogany
3) 22's neck is wide fat, the 24's neck is wide thin
4) you cannot get a stoptail on the 24.
5) different colours available for the different models.

IMO the SE 24 is nicer than the 22 because i love wide thin :P and I just prefer 24 frets.
Last edited by livnew at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by livnew
Hey Holy, firstly, the custom 22 & 24 are different because

1) the 24 has 2 more frets (duh)
2) if im not mistaken but I think the 24 has diff pick ups.
3) the custom 22 neck is available in wide thin or wide fat and the 24's neck is available in wide thin or regular.

I own an SE, a Paul Allender Signature SE to be exact and I absolutely love it. I live 30 minutes away from the biggest PRS stockist in the UK and I'm also friends with one of the PRS distributors and they make excellent guitars, not just their American made ones but their SE's are awesome. I've played custom 24's, the Dave Navarro sig, Al Di Meola sig, Mira etc. etc. the list goes on, and i've played pretty much every SE.

IMO, the SE's are the best guitars you can get within a range of £0-£500. And also, I can tell you that the customs are epicly nice. I prefer the 24's but it's personal preference. So yeah, I hope this helps.

EDIT: oh wait, you talking about the SE customs?

If your talking about the SE 22 and 24, these are the differences:

1) 24 has 2 more frets
2) 24's neck wood is maple and the 22's neck wood is mahogany
3) 22's neck is wide fat, the 24's neck is wide thin
4) you cannot get a stoptail on the 24.
5) different colours available for the different models.

IMO the SE 24 is nicer than the 22 because i love wide thin :P and I just prefer 24 frets.
Thanks for the nice reply. I think I'll really consider what you said about the SE 24. I don't want to rush into this like I did with my last amp (spider III)...
LARGE TEXT