I am looking at a 2550z on ebay lightly used for around 650, or spring for a new 770 reissue or a 1550m. I am probably gonna switch out the pups for evolutions, so I dont mind which pups are in them to begin. However is it worth the price for the edge zero on the 2550 thats not on the other 2. I would rather have the galaxy white in the 2550 anyway really. It would be a hard choice between the poisoned pumpkin or the phantom blue. ARGGHHHHH, help me out here, this has been racking my brain for the past couple of days now.

Oh yeah, and I found a rg 550 from the 90's for 350 and it looks in good shape too.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by drivermod
I am looking at a 2550z on ebay lightly used for around 650, or spring for a new 770 reissue or a 1550m. I am probably gonna switch out the pups for evolutions, so I dont mind which pups are in them to begin. However is it worth the price for the edge zero on the 2550 thats not on the other 2. I would rather have the galaxy white in the 2550 anyway really. It would be a hard choice between the poisoned pumpkin or the phantom blue. ARGGHHHHH, help me out here, this has been racking my brain for the past couple of days now.

Oh yeah, and I found a rg 550 from the 90's for 350 and it looks in good shape too.

You've got more of a budget, but if it was me I would buy the 550. I'm a cheapass and that's a good guitar and a good price. Especially if everything is still all original.

Have you played the 2550z yet? I prefer playing the guitar before buying it.
get the 2550
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by MetalHead916
You've got more of a budget, but if it was me I would buy the 550. I'm a cheapass and that's a good guitar and a good price. Especially if everything is still all original.

Have you played the 2550z yet? I prefer playing the guitar before buying it.

Ive played an rg before and I like them. The 2550 for 650 is a great deal though.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
definately choose blue over orange
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Quote by justinb904
get the 2550

Thats what Im thinking.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
I would go for the 2550Z since you're going to change pickups either way. The Edge Zero bridge gives a bit more tuning stability so that's a plus.
Quote by Amer91
I would go for the 2550Z since you're going to change pickups either way. The Edge Zero bridge gives a bit more tuning stability so that's a plus.

Thats probably the thing thats gonna sell me on it the most I think. I hear good things about that trem.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by drivermod
Ive played an rg before and I like them. The 2550 for 650 is a great deal though.

Not that bad of a deal. And hell yes RG's feel great.
Quote by MetalHead916
Not that bad of a deal. And hell yes RG's feel great.

Cool, cause I just won it on ebay. With the bing cashback thing I am gonna get more than 50 bucks back. Cant wait to get it here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140333086903
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
RG1550M. I put Evolutions in mine and I love it. It has the Edge Pro, which is great too. I hate Ibanez trem's, but out of all of them, I like the Pro best, and you don't have to cut the ball end of strings, which I find convenient. The Ibanez Prestige necks are amazing too. Very comfortable and easy to maneuver IMO. The 1550M has a sleek design too as most Prestige RG's, but the Evo's will top it off for you.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by icaneatcatfood
I have a 1550m in orange. Totally better than that blue. Get the 550 or save for the 770. 80's colors ftw

Look 2 posts up man. lol
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by Pac_man0123
I would have gotten the 550.. for 350 bucks that's a great deal on an awesome guitar

In my opinion:

original edge > any bridge

original wizard neck > any new wizard neck

I may end up picking that one up too, I am awaiting his email, but I really dont need it. There is a black 550 on ebay in really good shape for 400 anyway. This should be the only RG I ever need. Times are tough I guess, its a buyers market fo sho.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Go with the RG2550Z. I find that it has better tone and sustain than most other RGs because there's more contact with the body with the Edge Zero. The Edge Zero is also very easy to tune and you'll never need a screwdriver. They even come with good stock pickups (real Dimarzios). Here's the description from the Dimarzio site:

DiMarzio®/IBZ pickups
The DiMarzio®/IBZ pickups in the Ibanez RG2120 and RG2570EX are specifically designed and manufactured by DiMarzio® for Ibanez, and they are not available separately. Like all DiMarzio® pickups, they are made in our New York factory. Both neck and bridge pickups are high-output models. The neck pickup is fairly bright-sounding, similar to a Super 2™ (DP104). The bridge pickup is a little louder and warmer-sounding, and resembles a cross between the Steve Morse Bridge Model™ (DP200) and the Super Distortion® (DP100). The R1 single-coil is warmer-sounding than a typical vintage single-coil, and was designed to work well with the neck and bridge humbuckers when they are in split mode. It has a sound similar to that of the HS-2™ in split-coil mode.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I would have gotten the 550.. for 350 bucks that's a great deal on an awesome guitar

In my opinion:

original edge > any bridge

original wizard neck > any new wizard neck

I agree here. My 570 is the best feeling guitar out of the bunch..