I am trying to find a guitar which i can use for playing Metal and Blues

This is what i would want the guitar i am trying to find:

(In a £400-700 price range.)

A tremolo ( no licensed floyd crap, just original floyd or decent non-locking trem)
Non-active pickups. Humbuckers with a coil-tap possibly (not too bothered) or H-S-S
Good machine-heads (preferably locking)
No ridiculous body shapes or finishes e.g. Dean razorback explosion
A neck thats is not too thin e.g. wizard II (ibanez) or too thick e.g. epi les paul. just a neck kinda like a stratocaster.

Please help me, it would be very appreciated.
Last edited by metalplayer0-1 at Jul 14, 2009,
Any Fender HSS Strat. Done.

Calm down.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
fair enough, thanks. my only dislike of most strats is the lack of 22 frets but im sure i can survive with 21.
Quote by metalplayer0-1
fair enough, thanks. my only dislike of most strats is the lack of 22 frets but im sure i can survive with 21.

not too hard to bend a semitone and essentially you only really gain 1 extra note so with some finger positioning you shouldn't be too limited with only 21 frets.
Quote by metalplayer0-1

All modern spec'd Strats have 22 frets.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Washburn X50 pro FE
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
look at some schecters.

schecters are all i ever recommend. they seem to have something for everyone though so im not recommending bull****.

they dont have super thin necks, can have locking tuners or floyd (which is often quality). check their site

also, remember. if you have a floyd locking nut, you dont need locking tuners.
Try some ESP's or Schecters
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
A Schecter C-1 FR would be good if you can find one used. Coil-splitting and an OFR. Does just about every genre pretty well.
Check out some Schecter axes. Most of them can be used for any genre.
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
Quote by metalplayer0-1
all american strats. not mexicans or japs.

Now you mention it, I never noticed that.

I'm even more glad I have a limited edition Korean Strat with 22 frets over a Standard Strat [with 21].

Either way, you may find this model interesting:
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=1144700332
It's on OFR [as specs page says], not a LFR [as teh description says]
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
not too hard to bend a semitone and essentially you only really gain 1 extra note so with some finger positioning you shouldn't be too limited with only 21 frets.

Kinda is hard to do that if you're alternate picking 19-22-19-22-19-22-19-22 on the high E or something like that. I've always found having less frets extremely frustrating.
Quote by Guitar_AXL
^^^^^^DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!! WASHBURNS ARE CRAP!!!

Are you serious right now? I guarantee you've never played a good washburn...

Anyways...TS, try to find one of the HSS strats with a Floyd like the guy earlier mentioned. I've played a couple and they're pretty good
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
Are you serious right now? I guarantee you've never played any washburn...

Fix'd. :p

I'd back the Washburn X50V Pro (The Pro FE has actives). The 50V Pro has Seymour Duncans, Grover 18:1 locking tuners, an OFR, and it looks awesome. It's a great guitar.
Only problem is, i have no idea where to find it in the UK.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Schecter C-1 Classic, fits every condition you listed, looks incredible, and isn't a 22 fret strat. Of course, I may be biased because I just bought one...but definitely look into this beauty.

EDIT: Doesn't have a Trem but if you can do without it...Classic is the way to go.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Last edited by leftyace at Jul 15, 2009,
you can play metal and blues on any guitar. just pick one up and play metal and/or blues on it as you please...

i have a bunch of ibanez RGs and i can play metal, jazz, blues, funk, rock, what-have-you... on all of them...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by konfyouzd
you can play metal and blues on any guitar. just pick one up and play metal and/or blues on it as you please...

i have a bunch of ibanez RGs and i can play metal, jazz, blues, funk, rock, what-have-you... on all of them...

+1

But i will also agree with the rest of the people and say a Strat is your best bet
I honestly don't see why you'd need to look beyond a HSS strat. You've basically just described one and with your budget you can get a Highway one HSS which'll have 22 frets.

You might even be able to get an HSS American standard used for that price. Basically has everything you want.
Quote by nickdohle
+1

But i will also agree with the rest of the people and say a Strat is your best bet

yea that's true. i've been successful with strats. and think about it. both clapton and yngwie play them.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Washburn X50, or Cort X-Custom. Both are really sick guitars. An HSS Strat is good but you don't have a humbucking neck pickup which most people prefer for soloing. The good thing about the Washburn and the Cort is that they both have Seymour Duncan pickups with a coil tap. If you really think a Tremolo is necessary then check out the Washburn X40.
Quote by konfyouzd

yes but im looking for something that sounds bluesy as well as metal-y
fender showmaster
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
A Strat or a PRS SE (though, i wouldn't get an SE because they suck compareed to other PRS models.)
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Used Gibson explorer? I usually see them go for 1200$, so save a little more if possible.

I don;t care for the explorer (body-shape) but the tone is pretty kickass, with the right pickups it can go from jazz/blues specialized sounding to metal specialized sounding and no matter your set-up it sounds pretty bad-ass either way.