i know there are many many of these threads but i am going to make a new one.
i need a new amp. i have a spider 2 so it wont be hard to improve. i also have a crybaby from hell and a digitech hardwire metal distortion pedal. i have two main requirements, the amp has to be as cheap as possible, and loud enough to over power a drum set. i want the amp to have a decent clean channel, i dont care about the preamp quality, i will never use it. just the clean. remember, loud and cheap, if you can help me out with this that would be great, thanks for reading
pretty freaking cheap, i dont have an exact price range, but the cheapest one that fits the other standards, thank you
under 400$
Quote by Grunt344
pretty freaking cheap, i dont have an exact price range, but the cheapest one that fits the other standards, thank you
under 400$

Spider III

nah, just kidding... I don't know too much about amps for metal, so maybe look at some Peaveys?
perhaps a roland jazz chorus?
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
you'll never use the pre-amp? I'd like to see you never use something thats going to be in your signal path 100% of the time. you're about to find out that amp shopping isnt as easy and vague as you think

EDIT: or by "pre-amp quality" did you mean the quality of the amps pre-amp distortion when its cranked?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Last edited by Bright Light at Jul 14, 2009,
B-52 AT 112 is totally within your budget, amazing crystal clear cleans and (taken from the Zakk Wylde MG ad) CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Bright Light
you'll never use the pre-amp? I'd like to see you never use something thats going to be in your signal path 100% of the time. you're about to find out that amp shopping isnt as easy and vague as you think

he says he's not using the pre-amp because he's only using the clean?? wut?

Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
he says he's not using the pre-amp because he's only using the clean?? wut?

yeah lol really confusing. thats why I edited and asked if by pre-amp he actually meant the pre-amp distortion the amp is capable of. he wants to use the cleans on the amp and use his digitech hardwire distortion for dirt.

haha i remember when I thought amp shopping was this insignificant and I already knew what I wanted based on guitar center fliers... FML

thank God for this place
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light

haha i remember when I thought amp shopping was this insignificant and I already knew what I wanted based on guitar center fliers... FML

thank God for this place

yes. before UG, I though that the tone was ALL in the guitar and my Line 6 Spider III was soooo coool
i dont care about the pre-amp do to amplifier costs, i have a low buget. i have done a lot of research on this and i just want a loud cheap amplifier so i can play with my friend, i know that preamp distortion is better than pedal, but i have a pedal that i like enough not to spend that much more money on an amp with a good preamp, i just want to cut costs. where should i buy the b-52
Last edited by Grunt344 at Jul 14, 2009,