When i put in my lead for the it sounds faint and far away but if i push it to the side it works normally..as long as you hold it there!

Whats wrong? please help
Where do you live? I never hear people call cables leads. Im sure it's just a broken cable, they are prone to that. Either that or your guitar/amp input is dodgy.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by BoxerLadABC
yeah but i dont want to open it up unless completely nessicary

All you need to do is unscrew the jack on the guitar, and make sure everything is connected nicely.
you should be able to take the jack off with a small wrench thingy and getting the nut loose.. then you take it off from behind through the back plate covering the electronics.. I think.. never had/opened up an SG

EDIT: yea, from the picture here (http://www.vesperworks.com/guitar/wiring.jpg), seems like you could just take off the back plate and check if the wires are properly soldered/connected/whatever to the SG's jack.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Last edited by Lekz at Jul 14, 2009,
its ok i fixed it
When the lead goes in the top of the lead goes touches a little metal thing and it was too much towards the center

THANKS EVERYBODY
For some reason, I doubt it would be the guitar.. when the jack gets loose.. well, it's kinda obvious.. unless you amp is perfectly fine with other guitars, it's more than likely the amp... did you make sure the volume knobs are not on 0? j/k!!

EDIT: Nevermind
Blackstar HT-5
+1 to check the amp with other guitars first or vice versa.

It sounds to me like your input jack might be a bit loose or has been loose for a while and its jiggling about disconnected a wire. Take it to a local shop if the later is the case, 'round here it only costs $5 for a simple sodering.
Look, Its The Guitar!
Not The Amp
The Amp Works Fine
Not The Lead/cable
I Tried 2
It Is The Guitar
Quote by BoxerLadABC
Look, Its The Guitar!
Not The Amp
The Amp Works Fine
Not The Lead/cable
I Tried 2
It Is The Guitar

Calm down man, pretty much every suggestion I said to you was about fixing the guitar.
Quote by BoxerLadABC
you only said one and you said it was the amp or the lead

retard

if you go around asking for help from players who are far more experienced and call them "retards" do you honestly think anyone will even want to help you now go and ask mommy or daddy for a screwdriver and open up the cover at the back of the guitar and learn how to fault find it and fix it yourself, you may need a adult present when using a soldering iron and pliers.
Quote by BoxerLadABC

retard

Way to be a jerk huh?

Everyone was helping you and then you call him a retard?
Quote by consecutive e
Let me be the first to say.

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin
Guitar Center - because someone has to trick people into buying Line 6 amps.

[img]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77198&stc=1[/img]
Quote by BoxerLadABC

retard

way to thank us, jerk. Your guitar probably belongs in better hands, or up a certain hollow organ in you. :T
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by BoxerLadABC

retard

And no, I didn't say it was the amp I said to check your guitar with other amps or your amp with other guitars so you would know which it is for sure. Then I told you I thought that either your input jack was loose or that is has been loose and that caused it sever a wire.

Sorry, I just assumed that your powers of deduction were better than a small child's.
Quote by Lekz
way to thank us, jerk. Your guitar probably belongs in better hands, or up a certain hollow organ in you. :T

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinsk8r91
practice young padawan and your fingers strong they will one day be, HMMMmmm.

this