I was looking at the ART300 (WANT!) and I can't find any information about what country they are made in. At that price, they can't be USA or Japan, so Korea?
umm... all Ibanez electronics suck. they're like the Hondas of the guitar world. buy them and swap out parts.

as far as the guitars themselves, the Korean and Indonesian ones are the "cheaper" ones but depending on the model those can be very nice as well.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
probably, why are you worrying about the electronics?

Edit: well thats ambiguous ^, they arent great but the 2 ibanez' ive had have never failed me in the electronics department, they probably would have sounded better had i replaced them, but they worked fine for me at the time.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Jul 14, 2009,
I have an old GRX70 (about 2003), and it says "Made in Indonesia." I don't know if it's been changed since then, though.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
I believe they're from Korea.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by konfyouzd
umm... all Ibanez electronics suck. they're like the Hondas of the guitar world. buy them and swap out parts.

as far as the guitars themselves, the Korean and Indonesian ones are the "cheaper" ones but depending on the model those can be very nice as well.

If I got one it would be getting a new bridge, pups, and probably electronics as well. I just love the caiman look! I'm looking for a cheap electric to 'upgrade'
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
If I got one it would be getting a new bridge, pups, and probably electronics as well. I just love the caiman look! I'm looking for a cheap electric to 'upgrade'

it can be quite expensive even to upgrade a low end guitar (although ibanez are great for this) i would make sure you have a good set up first, if you have a good amp and stuff then ya id go for it and ya id defo swap out the electronics.
My current plans are a real tune o matic bridge, passive bareknuckle pups (still agressive though), and if I was going to passive I would need to change the electronics. A lot of people dislike the top but I think it looks cool!
It'll be either Indonesia or Korea, but you should snoop around the Ibanez website for answers on this.
Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and China are the top countries that pour out the mass produced ****. The company I work for sources products from almost all those countries and they are all on the same rung of the ladder.

Japan makes guitars usually a little under/on par with American made stuff depending on the price. My Jackson (retailed at $370 a few years ago) came from Japan and I must say it was good work all the way around.

If you're worried about the electronics, swap out the pots, switches and jacks for something American made like CTS or DiMarzio.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

i honestly misread your original post and thought that you asked where the cheaper ibanez ELECTRONICS were made. hence the first part of my post

but yea the cheaper ones are usually MIK or MII. it depends on the year.

you can get some of the older MIJs for pretty cheap too if you plan on swapping out parts anyway.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by MarcoWasRight
Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and China are the top countries that pour out the mass produced ****. The company I work for sources products from almost all those countries and they are all on the same rung of the ladder.

Japan makes guitars usually a little under/on par with American made stuff depending on the price. My Jackson (retailed at $370 a few years ago) came from Japan and I must say it was good work all the way around.

If you're worried about the electronics, swap out the pots, switches and jacks for something American made like CTS or DiMarzio.

Not all Korean guitars are bad.
Cheap guitars from Korea are generally bad [ie <£250/300]
But guitars > £350 are generally made in better factories with higher quality components and assembly.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Not all Korean guitars are bad.
Cheap guitars from Korea are generally bad [ie <£250/300]
But guitars > £350 are generally made in better factories with higher quality components and assembly.

truth.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Korea and Indonesia.. i think when that one Korean factory closed they moved it all to Indonesia but don't quote me on that.

which one of those is the Cort factory? i think most low end guitars are commisioned to those guys but not too sure if they still do it with some factories closing and what not.