hey guys, i thank you all for helping me in my musical situations. im in germany in the army and i guess they don't really believe in music. i didn't start this tread to get all the flames like i know i will, but does anyone get sick of open E chug riffs/ bands. I love all the bands that do this but sometimes it just gets a little old. throw down your opinion, and if you see my profile and flame me because its mostly the gay term "nu metal" thats fine because my tastes range more than that all the way to polka. yup i said it. i still love these bands, but there is another way to perform a riff. thanks guys for all the help.
Quote by Nelsean
I just gave myself a hard on by just looking in the mirror and im not even gay.

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Shes smashed alone in a bed, and you're on the computer.

man fail

I refuse to learn Stairway to Heaven.
Quote by Grindar
*Reported*

brah

i dont see why, but what ever

to be honest, i dont really care what tuning its in
as long as i can play it, it's all good
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
Quote by fuzzymunkee
hey guys, i thank you all for helping me in my musical situations. im in germany in the army and i guess they don't really believe in music. i didn't start this tread to get all the flames like i know i will, but does anyone get sick of open E chug riffs/ bands. I love all the bands that do this but sometimes it just gets a little old. throw down your opinion, and if you see my profile and flame me because its mostly the gay term "nu metal" thats fine because my tastes range more than that all the way to polka. yup i said it. i still love these bands, but there is another way to perform a riff. thanks guys for all the help.

Try switching it up and chug on the open A string.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by _bacon_
Why? He didn't do anything wrong, brah.

I agree with you brah.

And brah, you're probably talkin' about like really heavy metal stuff in Drop C or what? Amirite brah?
The playground of the world
haha, why am i a dick for voicing an opinion? thanks ^ bacon

**** its mostly the older 80s jams, but sometimes the drop c chugs get old too, but i still love it all, i just need a break from time to time.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by DieGarbageMan

man fail

Last edited by fuzzymunkee at Jul 14, 2009,
I don't get what you're asking. If you're asking anything at all, that is. Otherwise, this makes this thread pointless.
Some bands do different tunings though, so that's pretty nice. It doesn't always end up being the 6th string. If I ever get tired of one genre using a certain technique too much though, I just like to explore other stuff on youtube a lot. They've got that music tuesday thing going on now which is pretty cool.
thats what drop-d's for. Duh.

edit:^ some mods gonna get pissed and ban you for having such a huge sig till you change it.
Last edited by pantera456 at Jul 14, 2009,
examples?

Theres a lot of bands that use it in different picking patterns like galloping, triplets... etc, so even if some bands use it their are bands that switch it up too.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
listen to cynic's new album traced in air. when i talked to paul masvidal one of the questions i asked him was "do you ever play below the third fret?"
Quote by ctb
I don't get what you're asking. If you're asking anything at all, that is. Otherwise, this makes this thread pointless.

the question is in the thread title...

...brah
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
i like it, but some dudes are all about those bands, and i need a break, any suggestions?
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by DieGarbageMan

man fail

i like it, but some dudes are all about those bands, and i need a break, any suggestions?
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by DieGarbageMan

man fail

Quote by ctb

the point is i love the chug riffs but need to listen to something else once in awhile because i get tired of the open string just getting chugged constantly. that doesnt mean i dont like it.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by DieGarbageMan

man fail

Quote by pantera456
if your bored, you realize there are types of music that aren't metal, right?

*looks at username* *strokes inexistant beard*

I see. . .
That's the signature sound of a whole genre, though. If you want to play metalcore, you need that open 6th string chugging. Whether or not you like metalcore isn't important...without that kind of riffing it would be neglecting a huge part of that sound.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
thats why i said my range is all the way to polka, laugh as you will, but not all metal is this chug riff.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by DieGarbageMan

man fail

Quote by Eddie4President
*looks at username* *strokes inexistant beard*

I see. . .

Hey, my favorite band changes every week. It was pantera that week. Kind of a mistake to name it after a band, but whatever. I like other music too.
Quote by pantera456
Hey, my favorite band changes every week. It was pantera that week. Kind of a mistake to name it after a band, but whatever. I like other music too.

Haha I was just messing with you anyway. Good job with a wide music horizon