Hi, does anyone know how to record directly to my computer with a Roland Cube 30x? The webcam mic and my video camera both have really bad quality. Is there a certain cable or something that I need to connect my amp to my comp (it's Windows Vista by the way)? And once I do that, do I need to download a program like Audacity to record, and also do I need to buy a mic as well? Thanks!
You can record directly with the headphone out. Use an instrument cable and you'll probably have to get a 1/4"-1/8" adapter for your soundcard (which isnt going to sound that great) but it should work. You'll also need a DAW of some kind, Audacity is free try it out. If you record "direct" there's no need for a mic right now.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
you could buy a cheap usb mic
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
you could try to get a jack to minjack adapter (1/4" to 1/8") and try it with yoru line-in, if you got one, if not, use the mic input. if you're lucky and your computer got a decent soundcard, youll get ok sound, if not, a bad sound. those adapter costs 2-3 dollars in US, i think.

NOTE: Some mic-inputs dont do stereo cables well, try to get a mono adapter. (one black ring around the minjack plug).
Last edited by GisleAune at Jul 14, 2009,