I was getting very interested into making a talkbox for guitar playing, but I figured that since the talkbox was basically a tube outputting sound inside of the mouth it'd be much easier to just put an actual speaker inside of my mouth. The big problem I'd see would be saliva ruining the speakers. I tried my idea with the earbuds I use for my iPod and it worked very well, but they aren't too comfortable and not very loud. I need to crank up the volume a lot so I'm scared I'd either pull out the plug accidentally and deafen myself, or I'd break the earbuds. Is there anything thing that's basically a tiny speaker on the end of a cable, or is there a way to jury-rig a mic into outputting sound at high volumes?
why not just use a tube?

EDIT: or a "real", commercial talkbox?
You like it
I still think the easiest way of doing this is to encase the speaker in a ceramic dish or a sound proof box of some sort. Then, above the speaker run a wide diameter vinyl tube that gets inserted into your mouth. I did it once and it worked fairly well although i didn't get wide enough of tubing.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Use a tube, there are good reasons not to put electric wires into damp parts of your body. Shocking but true.
I guess I'll just build an actual talkbox with an old speaker and parts from the hardware store.
Quote by Phil Starr
Use a tube, there are good reasons not to put electric wires into damp parts of your body. Shocking but true.

was that a deliberate pun?