Hello GG&A!

I'm looking to invest in strap locks for my Les Paul, for lately my strap has been falling off while playing. I've heard good things about the Dunlops, but my friend has the Hennessey brand, and he says they work fine. I'm simply looking to keep my strap from falling; I don't care about crazy stage moves.

Which brand is better? Hennessey: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hennessey-Guitar-Parts-Strap-Locks?sku=360789

or Dunlop: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-DualDesign-Straplok-System?sku=364008

Also, do you think black or gold would look better on my Les Paul (pics in profile)? And can I just use a normal strap for the Dunlops?

Thanks much!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I personally use Dunlops on my Esp Eclipse (lespaul shaped) and theyre good.
I also use Schaller on my explorer, theyre good also.

I'd look into those two brands
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
schallers are cheap and they work. i have them on my les paul and they haven't budged for 3+ years.
get a dimarzio cliplock strap
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
out of those two I would go, despite having no experience with them hennessey because they are screw ons not clip ons - which I would always associate with being more robust - although they might come loose a bit you would need to do alot.

If you were playing silly and whirling your guitar over your head then IDK if that would make them come loose but I have yet to understand why someone would want to put their baby in danger to satisfy a crowd...

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
out of those two I would go, despite having no experience with them hennessey because they are screw ons not clip ons - which I would always associate with being more robust - although they might come loose a bit you would need to do alot.

If you were playing silly and whirling your guitar over your head then IDK if that would make them come loose but I have yet to understand why someone would want to put their baby in danger to satisfy a crowd...

Aren't the Dunlops also screw-on? It definitely comes with screws.

As I said in the OP, I don't plan on doing crazy stage moves. I just want to keep my strap in place.

And @ the clip-locks: I thought about them, but I really like my current strap. It's comfortable, and I like the design. Plus, I plan to engineer into a seatbelt type mechanism.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I use Dunlop's and they work great. But i've also heard great things about Schaller's and have been wanting to pick up a pair. Buy 'em both and see what you like better.
Schaller's kick ass. Avoid the Pro Line rip offs though. I bought 2 sets because they were a few bucks cheaper than the Schaller and both broke within a month.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs