Page 1 of 2
So this kind of stems from that video "Sexual Consent Form" on youtube. Me and my friends got to talking about kids that don't know anything about sex and then are shocked when they end up parents or are constantly crapping themselves every time they have sex because they worry that they are pregnant. And then there are the kids who don't know how easily STD's are spread and end up catching and passing things that can't be cured, like herpes. So we got to thinking that maybe people should have to pass a test to have sex. What does The Pit think?

EDIT: I am 100% aware that this is not plausible and would probably come from a communistic type government or something. I was just curious if, if plausible, the pit would think it was a good idea.
shut up
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
No offense, but that's a horrible idea. In many, many ways.
My God, it's full of stars!
The world isn't perfect, and many people have to learn lessons the hard way.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
i agree with dreadnought. i also think he should close this stupid thread
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by slashnmash
Nah not a good idea, how the hell would that be enforced?

Exactly my thoughts
1. The idea would not be supported.
2. People would still have sex anyway.
3. You don't know what communism is.

Sorry, no profit here.
No that's retarded. However a license to have children may have been a slightly better idea, but not to have sex

EDIT: nope i've changed my mind, it's generally a stupid idea that couldn't possibly be carried out sorry
Quote by itchy guitar
The world isn't perfect, and many people have to learn lessons the hard way.

this
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by michal23
1. The idea would not be supported.
2. People would still have sex anyway.
3. You don't know what communism is.

Sorry, no profit here.

Well, obviously it couldn't be enforced, that's why I said it wasn't plausible. I'm just curious that if it could be enforced if it would actually be a good idea. This was just for discussion, it's not like I actually think we should have the right to decide if people should have sex or not. And I know what communism is...
Quote by MOODY17
No that's retarded. However a license to have children may have been a slightly better idea, but not to have sex

EDIT: nope i've changed my mind, it's generally a stupid idea that couldn't possibly be carried out sorry

Well, that's my point though, if you're gonna have sex and you don't know sh*t about it, you're gonna end up being a parent. Read the sex thread from the last few days. It's sad.
Quote by hawttieblonde69
Well, obviously it couldn't be enforced, that's why I said it wasn't plausible. I'm just curious that if it could be enforced if it would actually be a good idea. This was just for discussion, it's not like I actually think we should have the right to decide if people should have sex or not. And I know what communism is...

A truly communist government would never suggest something remotely similar.

I think, provided that test could truly separate those who are ready and those who aren't (which is impossible) and could be somehow enforced (which is impossible), then in today's society it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

In general though, I wouldn't support it.
Unplanned pregnancy is responsible for the first woman I fell in love with, so I have to say I'm against the idea

You can't control everything, and trying to is futile.
My God, it's full of stars!
Why not just improve sex education. It is a complete joke in the UK. They teach it at a much too low age group.
Quote by michal23
A truly communist government would never suggest something remotely similar.

I think, provided that test could truly separate those who are ready and those who aren't (which is impossible) and could be somehow enforced (which is impossible), then in today's society it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

In general though, I wouldn't support it.

Thank you for an intelligent response. This was what I was asking. Not if it was possible or plausible because it's obviously not.
It would be the same as it is now. People are gonna go and have sex whether they should or not, and if they have to take a test for it, it'll make it so they'll do it without the test just to spite people. Taking a test wouldn't do a damn thing.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
i dont like Communist... and this sounds like a bad idea... but it also sounds like a Communist government would never pass any law like that, or any other type of govt.. would.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by hawttieblonde69
Well, that's my point though, if you're gonna have sex and you don't know sh*t about it, you're gonna end up being a parent. Read the sex thread from the last few days. It's sad.

yeah well obviously you couldn't stop people from being parents but allow them to have sex... I only said that because you said you realise it would be impossible to implement and were speaking hypothetically....i think
Quote by slashnmash
Why not just improve sex education. It is a complete joke in the UK. They teach it at a much too low age group.

That would be a great idea. I didn't learn anything in my sex ed class. Didn't even learn exactly how sex works. The teacher told us that gays have sex through penile penetration... Ow and no. It's like they think if they don't tell us anything we won't do anything...
Quote by hawttieblonde69
So this kind of stems from that video "Sexual Consent Form" on youtube. Me and my friends got to talking about kids that don't know anything about sex and then are shocked when they end up parents or are constantly crapping themselves every time they have sex because they worry that they are pregnant. And then there are the kids who don't know how easily STD's are spread and end up catching and passing things that can't be cured, like herpes. So we got to thinking that maybe people should have to pass a test to have sex. What does The Pit think?

EDIT: I am 100% aware that this is not plausible and would probably come from a communistic type government or something. I was just curious if, if plausible, the pit would think it was a good idea.

Fail.

Sorry but it was a terrible idea. Would never work either. No one would follow it I believe.
Quote by slashnmash

this. (im american tho.)
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Well, age of consent can't really be enforced either.

Anyone up for a trip to Vatican City btw?

When we going?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

That's a really stupid idea. How the hell would you make it work? Put a padlock on everyone's vagina and award guys with a 'sex key' when they're mature enough?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
That's a really stupid idea. How the hell would you make it work? Put a padlock on everyone's vagina and award guys with a 'sex key' when they're mature enough?

Quote by BlitzkriegAir
yeah thats gonna stop idiots from having sex
u iz so smartz can i sezx u?

I don't mean like an intelligence test. I mean like a test about sex information, just like we have to take a test over driving information to drive. Like how to use a condom and what birth control does.
Quote by hawttieblonde69
Like how to use a condom

*unzip*

Now apply this condom to my pen0r, and you'll be good to go!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I dunno about this.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by hawttieblonde69
I don't mean like an intelligence test. I mean like a test about sex information, just like we have to take a test over driving information to drive. Like how to use a condom and what birth control does.

people will still have sex regardless, im sure in some way it can be implemented but im 100 percent positive that someone who wants to have sex would even give a **** about it
Quote by rabidguitarist

Haha, that's actually a better idea than a "sex liscense".
Quote by hawttieblonde69
So we got to thinking that maybe people should have to pass a test to have sex. What does The Pit think?
I think maybe there should be a spelling part of that test.

*License (or licence if you're British)

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I think maybe there should be a spelling part of that test.

*License (or licence if you're British)

That's the one word I hate more than anything. I mispell it so much that my spellcheck has stopped catching it...
Page 1 of 2