hey again.

been using my Laney TT50H head everyday for quite a few hours a day in the past few months and its amazing!

problem is recently its started making a crackly sound. nothing serious but its just sounds like there rice crispies in my amp.

is it the tubes?

thanks!
Up The Irons!
It might be the tubes, try tapping the tubes with a pencil and listen closely, if you hear a bell like sound, I would recommend changing the tubes.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
thanks man ill give it a go tommorow when im with my amp again!
Up The Irons!
Quote by stephen_rettie
might be, seems a bit early for a tube change though. have you been using the standby switch and stuff?

well i bought it from my guitar teacher and hed been gigging it extensively and to be honest im not sure when the last tube change was.
also ive noticed a slight drop in sustain and drive/ are these tell tale signs that i should buy some new ones?
Up The Irons!
Quote by Moomar
well i bought it from my guitar teacher and hed been gigging it extensively and to be honest im not sure when the last tube change was.
also ive noticed a slight drop in sustain and drive/ are these tell tale signs that i should buy some new ones?

Ya pretty much, well then try what the above guy said. And congrats on getting a sweet amp.
Quote by stephen_rettie
Ya pretty much, well then try what the above guy said. And congrats on getting a sweet amp.

thanks man i really love the Laney heads i had a LH50 for a while, but my teacher was selling this and its what i used on my band recordings he did and the guitars sound huge. so i bought it! i love the fact the distortion isnt like a chainsaw, its perfect! and the cleans! theyre crystal covered with smooth stuff
Up The Irons!
Quote by Moomar
thanks man i really love the Laney heads i had a LH50 for a while, but my teacher was selling this and its what i used on my band recordings he did and the guitars sound huge. so i bought it! i love the fact the distortion isnt like a chainsaw, its perfect! and the cleans! theyre crystal covered with smooth stuff

hells i might need to check it out , im looking at Carvin V3s right now though, i will have to compare.
I'd try different cables first, but It does sound like your tubes might be on the way out.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not