Anyone use those pads that reduce the sound of the drums? How loud is it with the pads. Do you only hear tapping, or can you still hear each drum and symbol, only quieter?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I know what you mean. The ones I have seen tend to deaden the sound, but they don't block sound completely.

How loud are they? Like if I'm in the basement, could you hear them on the next floor?
Yeah playing with pads suck, don't use them unless you have to like if you live in an apartment.
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
As if a drummer could answer a question...

Hey! I'm a drummer and I'm perfectly intelligent!
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
As if a drummer could answer a question...

hmm maybe I should sig this
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Jared Fantastic
How loud are they? Like if I'm in the basement, could you hear them on the next floor?

Depends- but the idea is that the sound is lessened. With the correct set of pads, you shouldn't hear too much in other rooms and on the next floor.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Depends- but the idea is that the sound is lessened. With the correct set of pads, you shouldn't hear too much in other rooms and on the next floor.

Ok, so any recommendations?
Quote by Jared Fantastic
Ok, so any recommendations?

Unfortunately this is where I'm not going to be too useful- I don't use them. You're best off heading to a music store, or a speciallist percussion shop if you can, and asking someone.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Hey! I'm a drummer and I'm perfectly intelligent!

Yeah but you're a woman too; double negative=positive.

So just SHUT your face, and take a seat,
'Cause after all you're just talking MEAT...

Last.fm

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
In my experiance they keep it quite quiet, but not to the point where you wouldn't hear anything in the next room/floor, you still hear quite a bit. But they do sound like shizz.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I thought it was going to be some elaborate drummer joke.. I am dissappointed..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Pads are horrible. I find it ironic that they're called practice pads, yet they make practice impossible. They dont emulate a drum skin, so how can you practice double stroke rolls if you dont get the right bounce. And you cant practice accents properly because every single drum sounds like 'thud'