So I've been trying to make a practice routine but it just doesn't work. Either I cant concentrate on it or I don't distribute time evenly, etc. Can anyone help me make a nice solid guitar practice routine that covers a 2 hour time period, and a practice routine where it benefits me the most. I really need help on this because I love the guitar and don't want to quit, just because I couldn't get some solid practicing down.
No one can tell you what to do but yourself or a teacher that knows you..

You need to first find out: Where are your strengths and where are your weaknesses.

Speaking of technique, which is a very important thing when you're a prosumeably a guitarist which hope to aspire to something greater than the Bedroom rockstar playing 12 bar blues.

For example: When I sweep pick, I have a problem doing down strokes but my upstrokes are more fluent. What you can do to solve such a problem is isolate it, narrow it down and get it 100% right, practising slowly, keep track of your progress. What many people do wrong is that they practise what they already have mastered more than what they should have focused on.

It's all about finding out what you need to work on - What do I want to be able to do with the guitar, where would I like to be. Identify your problems and work on solving them.

Maybe you could tell us a little more about your guitar playing (problems)
ESP Kirk Hammett 3
Looking back at that post makes me think of Tom Hess
ESP Kirk Hammett 3
I play classic rock and blues.
Problem= Speed/Theory/Knowledge of Scales/Knowledge of chords(of course i know A,G,C,B,Bm, etc.) (I'm not "friends" with the fretboard). I feel like I'm not progressing and its ticking me off.
You hit a wall, I know what you're going through.

Basicly when that happened to me, I knew instantly upon picking up the guitar if this was gonna end good or not - You gotta be in the mood. You know those days where you feel great and stuff is going good on the guitar? Don't waste your time doing something else, practise, learn new stuff, write something. Just a little off-topic advice.

Basicly, speed doesn't come along quick - Theory is a matter of reading stuff and using it practically combined with songs.

I think you should look into this site, I reccomend it very VERY much. Www.Justinguitar.com It's free and it's the best out there for someone like you.

The knowledge of scales...Well, You know the minor pentatonic of course, you can play it anywhere on the neck. Now, I learned a lot of different shapes which I don't know the name of through licks, legato and other stuff I randomly picked up through my learning processes in lessons and songs.

Anyways check out that site
ESP Kirk Hammett 3
Thanks I already heard of justin sandercoe and he helped me with alot of songs . So i should just learn everything i can from him and practice it for 2 hours? I need a time schedule
Well, maybe 2 hours is a little too long - I don't know you as a person, but I know from myself that sitting for 2 hours following a strict schedule can be hard.

If you have good and clean alternative picking technique (not speed, but the art of doing it) then just practise it at a comfortable bpm, with any given lick (atleast 2 notes per string) - When it becomes too much ease, raise the level slightly and keep the rhythm. This goes for pretty much any technique. About learning theory and such, start by learning the Root notes on the 5th and 6th string, then learn about octaves - Then you got all the tools you need. Also, if you didn't already know: On the 2 Fret eADGBE goes again, and it starts all over again with the tones, like on 1st fret. So 12 fret is like the open strings, just 2 octaves higher on the same string.
ESP Kirk Hammett 3
What helped me understand chords more was working with my current teacher was to play an chord, and see and understand "How come this chord turns into a 7th, a minor or a add9/11 chord when I do this?"
ESP Kirk Hammett 3
Quote by ILoveKH3
So 12 fret is like the open strings, just 2 octaves higher on the same string.

I'm guessing that's a typo or brain-fart? 12th fret is 1 octave higher than open.