Anyone play one?
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
i had no idea that existed until i googled it 2 seconds ago.... now i want it... i dont even care how it plays

EDIT: this needs a pic... you're welcome

I really like their finishes, but that's about it... I think they're rather expensive.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
they are expensive, $1000, but im getting one anywyas, and they have 57 classic pickups, and a maple neck

Edit: In PLatinum.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Quote by GreenDay0013
In PLatinum.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! that is the sexiest thing ive seen today in all of its natural maple glory, get it as the pic!! pretty please...

but **** it its your money man and your tastes ... just knwo you will have to triple lock your house after that purchase
That looks pretty sweet
My Gear:
Epiphone SG Special
Peavey Vypyr 75
Epiphone Hummingbird
I thought the raw power series was ugly and overpriced to be honest... but they would make a good studio guitar
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
I thought the raw power series was ugly and overpriced to be honest... but they would make a good studio guitar

Yea i was thinking the same thing. Every since the Holy series it seems like Gibson is trying to get away with selling less for more.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
well, 30% of the price is because Of G-I-B-S-O-N on the headstock.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

If the Raw Power sells for $1000 and a Faded Series sells for less....
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Price isn't even a factor with the Raw Power. The point of the Raw Power series is they're entirely maple, which gives a complete different tone and feel to the guitar that you can't get anywhere else.

If you want a cheap SG or LP then you wouldn't get the Raw Power. Hell even if you had thousands upon thousands to spend on an SG or LP, you probably wouldn't buy the Raw Power series. They're for people who want the tone of an all-maple guitar, and it's not like there's much choice in that department so shops can charge whatever they want for it. If what you want is an all-maple SG or LP, you either pay the money for a Raw Power or you don't get a guitar at all because they're the only ones out there. Then again, the vast majority of people don't want and wouldn't like an all-maple SG or LP, so why complain about price?

edit: for the record, I love all-maple guitars and if they did them in Sky Burst I would have bought two already. The finish choices really put me off though.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hmm.. good point. I'd like to know how an all-maple sounds, too o:
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Flux'D
If the Raw Power sells for $1000 and a Faded Series sells for less....

Well the Raw Power has a nitrocellulose finish which is a big reason why Gibsons are that expensive. The Faded Series do not. The Raw Power ones are supposed to be in line with Studio models. Faded guitars are a lot less than Standards and Studios.

And MrFlibble is right. As far as I know, there are no production maple set necked SG-shaped guitars. There's not even one like the Les Paul. If you wanted one, you would have to go custom, and that price would probably be a very high compared to the Gibson.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jul 14, 2009,
Since it is all maple, would it have a very bright sound? With alot of clarity?
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Quote by Adrian89
and how does an all maple guitar sound? :S
Very, very bright. you'll never hear a guitar that sounds brighter. It'll be fairly clear and playing dynamics and harmonics will scream out of it, though you have to be careful it doens't get too shrill. It'll also sustain far better than anything else too.

The downside is it will weigh more than anythign else too. I picked up one of the Raw Power LPs and I almost dropped it, the weight took me by such susrprise - and I like heavy guitars and I'm used to LPs. But an all-maple construction out-weighs almost anything else (I think all-rosewood is the only thing that might end up weighing more).

If you want an example of how all-maple guitars sound, Richie Sambora's (Bon JovI) main guitars in the 80's were all-maple. Granted, they were super-Strats with Floyd Rose bridges and bolt-on necks, but it'll give you a rough idea.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Well the Raw Power has a nitrocellulose finish which is a big reason why Gibsons are that expensive. The Faded Series do not. The Raw Power ones are supposed to be in line with Studio models. Faded guitars are a lot less than Standards and Studios.

And MrFlibble is right. As far as I know, there are no production maple set necked SG-shaped guitars. There's not even one like the Les Paul. If you wanted one, you would have to go custom, and that price would probably be a very high compared to the Gibson.

Almost every Gibson Guitar has been made with a nitro finish. Including my Gibson Faded Series, I will request a spec sheet on the guitar if you want. And the Studio models are more or less Faded Series and the only difference (at least with the V's) between the Standard and the Faded Series is the lack of a clearcoat and hardshell case. I'm drunk typing this btw. And that is probably true about the Maple neck/body deal. Only thing I really agree with in this post

Oh and Flibble: I agree with you. Have you ever picked up a Cortez LP copy? Extremely heavy
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

As far as I know, most Gibsons are more or less the same. They vary in quality, but in terms of parts, they pretty much use the same stuff. Well the faded series do use a nitrocellulose finish, but it's much different from the standard Gibson treatment. That's the reason it costs more. It doesn't come with a case like the faded series, but it has a "good" finish like the studio series. And the price is in between those two. So I don't think it's bad.

Here's the description of the faded from the Gibson site:
The SG Special Faded, available in either Worn Brown or Worn Cherry, undergoes a simplified finishing process for increased resonance and the look of a well-loved road-worn guitar. Applied by hand, the Faded finishes mimic the much-desired aged finish that a Gibson from the ’50s or ’60s might have today. By using stain instead of paint and fewer coats of sealant, our luthiers have cut down on the extremely time-consuming finishing process to bring you our most affordable SG, without skimping on materials.

Here's the description of the Raw Power:
Gibson USA’s new line of Raw Power guitars are available in a new palette of satin finish colors, all coated with Gibson’s traditional nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Choose from Gold, Yellow, White, Blue/Platinum, Trans Ebony, Olive Green, Natural, Aquamarine and Platinum. And rest assured that the same labor intensive process used to finish any other Gibson guitar is the process used on the SG Raw Power. A properly applied nitro finish requires extensive man hours, several evenly applied coats, and an exorbitant amount of drying time. Yet this fact has never swayed Gibson into changing this time-tested method, employed ever since the first guitar was swathed with lacquer back in 1894. Why? For starters, a nitro finish dries to a much thinner coat than a polyurethane finish. This assures less interference with the natural vibration of the instrument, and allows for a purer tone. A nitro finish is also softer, which makes it easily repairable. You can touch up a ding on a nitro finish, but you can’t on a poly finish. A nitro finish is also very porous in nature, and actually gets thinner over time. It does not “seal” wood in an airtight shell — as a poly finish does. It allows the wood to breathe and age properly.