I have a dell and i just downloaded adaucity (sp?) and i was wondering what i would need to mic up my amp for guitar and record that. I also want to record drums and vocals to it has to have at least 3 mic inputs for the drums. I dont want to record everything at once, i want to do the drums, then do bass, then guitar, and then vocals. So it doesnt need to record all at once.

Basically im juts getting into recording and i need to know what i should get. My budget is very small so just the most basic, least expensive, least bells and whistles thing will do please.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
I don't know anything about recording drums because I use MIDI, but I have a Mackie Onyx Satellite and I've been lately getting some stuff I'm satisfied with.

Theres also the Firebox, or the firepod is $100 more with 8 inputs.

You will need a firewire port though. If you don't have one they cost about $15
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The story is this. Either you fork out €200 on an interface that can handle 3 mics, or you buy a normal stereo-in interface and a 4-mic mixer (which is cheaper, but you won't be able to record them on 3 separate tracks).
Im willing to fork out the money for a good interface w. more mic inputs, i just dont know which one to get...
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Whats your budget?

The Presonus Firepod will be a good place to start and is your best option $400 and under.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by Led man32
Whats your budget?

The Presonus Firepod will be a good place to start and is your best option $400 and under.

+1
You like it
Check out my reply to joe_pete7 here, it may help...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159700

A good place to ask this question would be the www.tweakheadz.com forums. f you're just starting out in recording, the guide on setting up home studio rigs on that site will help. Check a site like zzsounds for all the interfaces under your budget and check out what people have to say on review sites - people often have personal preferences for a manufacturer especially when they bundle software with the interface.