Poll Options
View poll results: Are you gonna sign?
Yes
31 46%
No
36 54%
Voters: 67.
Page 1 of 3
For those of you who don't know who he is look him up on wikipedia. He's the idiot who directed the BloodRayne, House of the dead, Far Cry, Alone in the dark, and Dungeon siege movies. Many people have called him the worst director who ever lived, and he's a complete jackass who says that he's "the only genius in the whole ****ing movie business". He promised to retire if this petition recieved 1,000,000 signatures.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

So far there are 337,671 signatures. I have already signed.
No, because he's entitled to make films. Theyre very bad, yes, but nobody loses out but him since he funds his own films.
im not giving my name you freaking dumb ass he might steel my identity!
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by andyscoot
No, because he's entitled to make films. Theyre very bad, yes, but nobody loses out but him since he funds his own films.

This.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

There's this radical alternative, I'm not sure if you've heard of it. It's an experimental technique from Sweden, it can be described as the opposite of the Ludovico technique.

Ready?

It's called the Avoidance Technique

What is it?

Simple.

Don't watch his movies.

Shocking isn't it?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I'll sign. The guy's a jerk. How dare he say that he's better than Tarantino or Michael Bay. Pulp Fiction and Transformers rock! BloodRayne sucked!
Lol Michael Bay is known as a soul-less director. Like Ron Howard. Most people interested in films hate directors who merely shout action and cut. I would use those 2 in an argument about films.

Quote by virtuosowannabe
Andyscott, I'd agree with you if it were not for one thing. He doesn't create his stories he just destroys the name of video games and if any one wanted to do another movie about that game, odds are they couldn't because of Boll. IF he just made films which were terrible and did not do any harm to anyone then you'd be right but in reality I agree with the petition.

He isn't harming anyone. He happens to like video games and wants to adapt them into films. He isn't costing investors anything. Everything he does is funded by himself. I personally don't see a problem with that. He makes films because he enjoys them, surely thats what it's all about? Just because he makes films about video games dosen't mean he's any worse than any other independant film director.
Last edited by andyscoot at Jul 14, 2009,
Andyscott, I'd agree with you if it were not for one thing. He doesn't create his stories he just destroys the name of video games and if any one wanted to do another movie about that game, odds are they couldn't because of Boll. IF he just made films which were terrible and did not do any harm to anyone then you'd be right but in reality I agree with the petition.
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure. - George W. Bush
I don't read books, but I have friends who do. - George W. Bush
Great spirits often meet violent opposition with mediocre minds - Albert Einstein
I just want to see if he really does retire!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
There's this radical alternative, I'm not sure if you've heard of it. It's an experimental technique from Sweden, it can be described as the opposite of the Ludovico technique.

Ready?

It's called the Avoidance Technique

What is it?

Simple.

Don't watch his movies.

Shocking isn't it?

This.
And also, what moron challenges his critics to boxing matches? What does that prove?
i might be mistaken, but isn't the whole reason this petition exists because Uwe himself said that if one million people signed it he'd quit? once again, i'm not sure on this, but I remember ready it very clearly.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by andyscoot
Lol Michael Bay is known as a soul-less director. Like Ron Howard. Most people interested in films hate directors who merely shout action and cut. I would use those 2 in an argument about films.

He isn't harming anyone. He happens to like video games and wants to adapt them into films. He isn't costing investors anything. Everything he does is funded by himself. I personally don't see a problem with that. He makes films because he enjoys them, surely thats what it's all about? Just because he makes films about video games dosen't mean he's any worse than any other independant film director.

Even his non-video game adaptations like Blackwoods and Tunnel Rats are horrible.
Quote by yoojee-er
And also, what moron challenges his critics to boxing matches? What does that prove?

Proves he's doin it for the lulz

Leave the man alone, he's fortuante enough to have a job he can enjoy, and you crybabies want to take that away from him?

Don't like his movies?

Fine, don't watch them, don't talk about them.

I hate Blink-182, you don't see me starting a petition trying to get them to quit
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I would sign it, but I am not prepared to give my name and email/be bothered to make a fake one.
In fact, I would be more inclined to sign a petittion to ban the studios from comissioning his pieces of crap- they are the real satan-worshipping cocksuckers we need to be angry at.
Its not Uwe's fault he makes rubbish movies, he doesnt know any better. If you have seen any interviews/listened to any commentaries with him- he genuinely believes every film he makes is a masterpiece. He has the passion, but zero skill, sense, taste or artistic credibility.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Proves he's doin it for the lulz

Leave the man alone, he's fortuante enough to have a job he can enjoy, and you crybabies want to take that away from him?

Don't like his movies?

Fine, don't watch them, don't talk about them.

I hate Blink-182, you don't see me starting a petition trying to get them to quit

I love Blink-182. They've never been nominated for a worst band award. Bolls been nominated 3 times for a worst director award.
Last edited by h1117 at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

blink-182 write their own songs, so it's completely different. Uwe takes stories and themes that people are already very attached to, and that are very close to their hearts. Then he ****ing destroys them.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by BrokenBricks
blink-182 write their own songs, so it's completely different. Uwe takes stories and themes that people are already very attached to, and that are very close to their hearts. Then he ****ing destroys them.

And he's entitled to do so. By the way, he has made originals. Theres no law against making bad films. Companies give him rights to their products. Stop being jackasses. Don't like his films, heres a great fucking idea. Don't watch them! He is doing nothing wrong by making films purely for his own enjoyment. Get the sand out of your vagina and watch films you like instead.
Quote by h1117
I love Blink-182. They've never been nominated for a worst band award. Bolls been nominated 3 times for a worst director award.

Does such an award even exist? If not, I'm afraid your argument is null and void.
Quote by BrokenBricks

It just shows how "attached" the video game makers themselves are.

you see, they allow Dr. Boll to do those films. So, in effect, by allowing a "horrendous" director to make a movie about their games, the game owners are saying "**** you, we don't care" to the fans.
For all your attachment, it's all one-sided.

Don't blame Dr. Boll, blame the video game owners
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I respect Uwe Boll more than i do Michael Bay. Sure i like Bay's movies more, but as a director, he is useless.
andyscoot and ExtremeMetalFTW, normally I'd agree with you, but I just google'd him and read about stuff he says and does, and he really is a douchebag. That's the only reason why I'm signing this petition.
He's a douchebag, but so are other directors. He's simply doing something he clearly enjoys doing, or else he would stop, what with all the critisism he gets. I think its wrong to deny him that.
This is absolutely retarded. What are you, twelve? The man has the right to keep making movies, regardless of how shitty you think they are.
You don't like them, fine. Nobody is forcing you to watch them.
Last edited by creeping.death! at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by Icarus Lives
Don't do that. His movies are total ****, but what you're suggesting is censorship! I'm totally against that. Just don't go and see his movies.

No it's not censorship becaue Boll has put this out there himself and will simply be acting on the wishes of the public if enough of them speak. In a sense it is very democratic and majoritarian. Probably the only good thing that hack will do. I agree with the aviodance idea nonetheless.
Quote by TwistedLogic
No it's not censorship becaue Boll has put this out there himself and will simply be acting on the wishes of the public if enough of them speak. In a sense it is very democratic and majoritarian. Probably the only good thing that hack will do. I agree with the aviodance idea nonetheless.

Think about all the things you say and don't literally mean.

"I'll kill you if you break a string"

"My dad'll kill me if I get a D"

Being famous (or infamous, whatever) doesn't mean everything you say is meant to be taken literally.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Think about all the things you say and don't literally mean.

"I'll kill you if you break a string"

"My dad'll kill me if I get a D"

Being famous (or infamous, whatever) doesn't mean everything you say is meant to be taken literally.

Who started the petition; was it Boll or someone else acting on his statement? If it was Boll himself then all bets are off even if its a publicity stunt.

Regardless of who created the petitoin, some things are not too be taken literally and maybe Boll was possibly just effin around when he said this but in some cases when you say something you give license to others to act on it; one of those becareful what you wish for kinda things. And being a public figure makes it worse since what you say, intentioned or not, will get that much more exposure. Like I said, I agree with your idea of avoiding his movies.
Uwe Boll is hilarious, people take movies based on videogames way too seriously.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
You lot are also forgetting that some fucking awful films have been made based on video games by other directors. If you look at a lot of 'worst of' lists, you'll find Boll's films hardly ever even enter the top 3, with the worst almost always being held by Super Mario Bros.

I did my film studies assignment on this subject, i've done a lot of research into Boll, and his films.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Does such an award even exist? If not, I'm afraid your argument is null and void.
It just shows how "attached" the video game makers themselves are.

you see, they allow Dr. Boll to do those films. So, in effect, by allowing a "horrendous" director to make a movie about their games, the game owners are saying "**** you, we don't care" to the fans.
For all your attachment, it's all one-sided.

Don't blame Dr. Boll, blame the video game owners

Ever heard of the razzies?
try this.

dont pay to see his movies...

thats gonna hurt him alot worse than some e-petition that will do absolutely nothing.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Page 1 of 3