Now then, its been a while since I've been on UG but after this little incident I have an urge to vent

I was happily browsing away when I noticed that Pendulum shared a link of their Glastonbury performance through their facebook under the title "Pendulum perform new track 'Different". Now the main thing that got me going here was the fact that "different" is almost a year old and clearly not a new track. Secondly, seeing them make a post reminded me how I despise them, I used to adore them back in the days before and during "Hold your colour" and in my opinion I believe them to have changed their music in order to appeal to more fans in order for them to sell more albums and make more money....fair play for them

BUT, I cant stand ANY band that lower the quality of their music (again I am aware that alot of this judgement is my personal judgement) just to sell more record...So in my moment of rage I got straight in there with the first comment "Different has been out for pretty much a year now, I think you kids are just sellouts these days" (or something to that effect)

Fair enough I understand that this aint the sort of thing that the band want to hear but surely if facebook gives me the right to comment on bands links then pendulum should respect my (rather aggressive) creative criticism of them as a band and should take it into account...or just ignore it, instead of going to the effort to delete my comment and thus preventing me from spreading my opinion

Rant over

tldr: I posted a comment on pendulums facebook expressing my opinion on their recent music and they deleted it...surely this is showing how they cant take critisism
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
what is the pendulum thing you are talking about?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Who is Pendulum and why do they matter?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
its true they have gone a bit downhill, ive never been a big fan, but i can tell from what ive heard that they have gone towards more of what people want to hear then what they used to be, and its a shame

they should be able to accept this sorta feedback, and they have probably had loadsa comments like that already, hopefully theyll return to their older form because of it

FIGHT THE POWER
@ butthurt Pendulum

@ butthurt Pendulum commenter

Moral of the story: If you talk bad about Pendulum on their Facebook, everyone's walking away with a sore ass.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

first: cool blog bro, id like to hear more about it on your profile... in a blog

second: in what way is that constructive critisism? you just said they're sell outs. (you said creative but thats not a thing)
That's stupid. As a professional band, they should expect criticism, and use it to improve themselves.

I know if this was Weezer, they would have sent you a personal reply, asking what you don't like, why you don't like it, and how they can improve it.
Clearly they don't give a crap about your opinion. The expression is constructive criticism, not creative critisism, and what you said was neither. It's clear why they didn't want your ignorant spamming on their website, which is a form of advertising for thim.
Should have kept out the part about selling out.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by magnus_maximus
People who accuse bands of being sellouts are, more often than not, arrogant elitist tools. Pendulum are a good group, and I like what I've heard of them. Who cares if they're more popular because they made more popular music? You're just bitter your little band noone else has heard of is suddenly massive a la Green Day.

So what, i was raging so dont be hating

And I'm more than happy about them getting a larger fanbase, its just the fact that their music took a drastic turn in order for them to get those fans

I understand that I may have been a bit OTT....

Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
I saw Pendulum live on Friday night.

They rocked ass.

Your opinion comment is now invalid.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by magnus_maximus
T in the Park?

You bastard.

Nah, Oxegen. Pretty much the same line-up as T in the Park, but with the Irish crowds and atmosphere.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Jimbosandwich
That's stupid. As a professional band, they should expect criticism, and use it to improve themselves.

I know if this was Weezer, they would have sent you a personal reply, asking what you don't like, why you don't like it, and how they can improve it.

Isn't Weezer, particulary Rivers Cuomo, known for not answering anything and ignoring his fans? I know there's a group about it on Facebook, I'm a member.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker
Isn't Weezer, particulary Rivers Cuomo, known for not answering anything and ignoring his fans? I know there's a group about it on Facebook, I'm a member.

He used to be like that (I think around Blue - Green era). Right after the Green Album, he's been really open to constructive criticism. I know that lasted up until Make Believe (Geffen started forcing them to upload less mp3s and videos), but I'm not sure about now.

He is a lot cooler, and more chilled out now.