Well I'm gonna have to sell my Jackson and a bunch of other things to make ends meet

My other guitar is half decent, I modded the crap out of it and love it, but the body is falling apart. Figured I can just buy a new body and neck from guitarfetish.com and transfer everything else onto it, except the bridge, I want a hardtail now. Never installed a bridge before, so I'm just asking what would be the simplest bridge I can install from here: http://store.guitarfetish.com/gistbr.html

Thanks!
I bought that wilkinson wraparound, but I haven't played on it yet. It seems of good quality, and it's pretty cheap. It's just installing two posts into the body though so pretty simple. If you get the tune-o-matic, get the large bushings ones, because I ordered the vintage TOM and they don't include mounting studs, which are six extra bucks.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Are you sure that the studs come with the large bushing TOM? It doesnt say, I'll e-mail them to make sure. Anyways thx!

Edit:NVM read the description wrong, it does include it.
Last edited by Steel8909 at Jul 14, 2009,
The picture for the large bushing TOM shows studs, but an email to them couldn't hurt. You might have to recess the bridge depending on the neck angle.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

I love string-through tune-o-matics, and it'd probably be the easiest to do.

Just drill a few holes through the body, install a tune-o-matic and you're away.

The only issue(s) you'll face with any of the bridges would be positioning it correctly, since ToM's are slightly angled.
Quote by RJackson
I love string-through tune-o-matics, and it'd probably be the easiest to do.

Just drill a few holes through the body, install a tune-o-matic and you're away.

The only issue(s) you'll face with any of the bridges would be positioning it correctly, since ToM's are slightly angled.

http://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator/
Use this, and you would set the bass side back an extra 1/16-1/8 inch back. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CORRECTLY! Read them carefully, I almost screwed mine up by not reading it carefully.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Flat mount bridge.

Hardest is a recessed FR, or really most trems for that matter. There's a whole hell of a lot of routing to do.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.