So, it happened once, I turned my amp off stand by, and no sound, afte rhaving it on standby for a few minutes, then after like a minute of being off standby it got sound.

Today I was playing, it was fine, then about 2 hours later when I decide to turn it on again, no sound.

Its like its permanently on standby. No sound, no noise when I touch then end of the cable, the tubes are new, about a month old, and they still light up. Everything lights up, just no sound. Any idea of what this could be?

I tried different guitars and cables, so it is the amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Last edited by JoePerry4life at Jul 14, 2009,
does it have a light telling you that it is fully on? if so is that turning on or is it staying the standby color?
It only has a light for being powered. Regardless if its in standby or actually on, the light will be on.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
It only has a light for being powered. Regardless if its in standby or actually on, the light will be on.

yeah figured.
well if you are not hearing a click or more fuzz when hitting the on switch, your switch might not be making the "on" connection anymore. aka ****ed up.
Quote by HowerPower
yeah figured.
well if you are not hearing a click or more fuzz when hitting the on switch, your switch might not be making the "on" connection anymore. aka ****ed up.

I just opened it up and took at look at the chassis, all the solder joints look fine for the standby and on switches.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Can it be the Ht fuse?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Like amonth old, I replaced the stock ones with JJ el34's.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
My best guess is to buy 2 HT fuses and replace the existing as long as you know what a capacitor is and the fact that it can kill you. If the HT fuse blows again, then there is something wrong with your power tubes. Me guesses.

Otherwise - take it in.
Ok, can I go down to my radioshack etc and ask for a HT fuse or just a fuse with that same voltage rating?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I would download the Triple X owners manual and get the exact same 'part number' you see there. Also, you can post in the XXX/JSX/Ultra thread and also the dedicated forum at peavey.com.

Yes, it should be a standard fuse.
Sounds to me like the stand by switch is just getting stuck, replace the rocker stwitch with a new one, if your handy with a soldering iron, if not take it in.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
this happened to my Peavey XXX three days ago actually.

i took the amp apart, and one of the fuses on the circuit board was blown. went to home depot and picked up a 5 pack of them for $2.19. replaced the fuse, and now the amp is fixed.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Quote by 2112swartz
this happened to my Peavey XXX three days ago actually.

i took the amp apart, and one of the fuses on the circuit board was blown. went to home depot and picked up a 5 pack of them for $2.19. replaced the fuse, and now the amp is fixed.

You just want to be careful, because that fuse blew for a reason. It stopped something from getting f***ed.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I had this problem with my 6505+ and im not good with the tech side of amps so i decided to take it to a shop and they said it might be some wiring problem with the stand-by switch or a resistor might be blown.
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
on the back, the speaker is hooked up right?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yes, the speaker is fine. I'll try to change fuses and see what happens.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by tubetime86
You just want to be careful, because that fuse blew for a reason. It stopped something from getting f***ed.

yeah, i accidentally turned the amp on and off really fast without using standby, and it blew.

if you do replace the fuse on the circuit board, make sure to use a 2 amp fuse.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Brought it to a tech, turns out it was a blown resistor, only costed 45 CAD, not bad at all.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ