I woke up the other morning to plug in my guitar and I heard nothing coming from my Marshall. So I turned the volume up like halfway and it was giving me this static sound, but I could still hear the notes, it is really quiet until I crank it up all the way to like 6 and it sounds like its on 1. What happened? I never bring my amp above 1, so there is no way I blew out the speaker.

P.S: it's not the cable OR the guitar, it's definitely the amp.
Last edited by nefootball80 at Jul 14, 2009,
oh bai bai tubes!

i'm assuming tubes, since you're at vol. 1. how old are they? they've probably died
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
^ It's probably farked then.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by nefootball80
Not tubes, MG100DFX.

Eww.
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
what kind of amp is it? if its a tube amp than i agree with above and you should just replace the power tubes (dont forget to bias! ! !) and all should be well and if not at least you already have your next set of power tubes on hand for when they do go. if its a solid state amp like an mg series youre pretty much effed unless you like spending money on something thats not worth the cost of the repair due to the unservicability of the circuts.

edit
oh an mg huh. sorry man. probably not fixable unless you know an electronics major that will do it for fun. the circutry in those is mostly integrated into printed circut boards and they are so unservicable that i wouldnt even know where to start. good luck...

edit2
geez why all the haters on the mg here. its actually a pretty good amp for what it is. i think the only reason it is so hated is cause so many UGers were silly enough to buy one and expect it to sound like all the tube marshalls made over the years that we all know and (mostly) love. yeah its not tube and if youre an analog head that will be a deal breaker but as far as comparable solid state amps go, its a pretty good amp.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Jul 14, 2009,
Check your cable and the jacks!
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Why does everybody hate on this amp?

I've had a TON of amps in my lifetime and the MG100DFX is by far on the best, it's a GREAT amplifier! btw it's not the jacks. I've tried multiple cables and multiple guitars, works fine on my randall.
^ That says more about your amp choices than it does about the MG's ability.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by nefootball80
I've had a TON of amps in my lifetime and the MG100DFX is by far on the best, it's a GREAT amplifier!

Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
This happened to my MG50DFX three-four years ago. I tried to send it in for repair, everything worked fine until it happened again 2 months later.. I guess there's no fix :/