What do you think about the Fender Frontman 212R. I'm looking at it in musiciansfriend.com and the price is driving me crazy, for 100W 2x12in !!! Three channels !!!! and its a FENDEEER!!!!!

I mean, I am a bit impulsive and tend to buy stuff that amaze me, but this time I better ask before buying it.

Is it worth it?

Also I'm looking for something that gives me that R+fire sound that the GT-10 and some Roland amps give you, that sound is pretty damn amazing. Is there a pedal that can emulate that sound?
The Frontman 212 is pretty much an oversized practice amp. Get better.

And no, the Frontman has ****ty distortion and overbassy cleans.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Last edited by KiraIBZ at Jul 14, 2009,
Whats your budget?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
no budget, well I mean, I do have a budget but if there is something better but pricier I can save up enough money for a month or so, so that really isn't the biggest problem.

By saying that please don't put stuff like a Marshall tube vintage custom made amp or something like that... haha
General amount that you have?
Gigging?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
I have one...eh
It's just a little bland, definatly lacking in the crunch/light gain section
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
I would use it for bedroom practice, small jams or even live performances.

Hmm, maybe if I really had to set a budget it would be no more than $1,000... or less because I will also buy some new pedals and a guitar, so I think I could spend like $700 on an amp but if there are kickass amps at aorund $300 like the one I was about to get before starting this thread, that would just be fantastic.
I think somewhere down the line Bugera made a Mesa Copy or something like that (Dont kill me if Im wrong)

Its nothing like it, but maybe try a Peavey 6505. Used they go for as little as $500.
Mesa's seem Fizzy, Theres the Peavey XXX which can get pretty Fizzy. It has since been replaced by the 3120 which people say is better. I still find it too fizzy for my tastes... but then again, Im not a fan (at all) of the Rectifier series of Mesa's.

So far look into:
Bugera's copies
Peavey 5150/6505
Peavey XXX/3120 (3120 = relatively new head so finding it used isnt going to be easy...)

Soon theres a Peavey 6505 1x12 combo coming out for MSRP of near $700.
Other than these, maybe you can get lucky with an Ibanez Thermion (Ive seen them for as little as 600-700 on ebay), people I talked to said its very similar to the Dual Rect. However it too is a head.

Or you can go down the Modelling route, Peavey's Vypyr should have a setting for the Rect. You can get it with a tube power-amp too so that at high volumes it sounds better.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Last edited by KiraIBZ at Jul 14, 2009,