I'm not sure if what genres I play really makes a difference on the effects, but I play blues rock, like Jimi Hendrix, The White Stripes, The Black Keys, etc.

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on the pedals, so what are some decent but cheap delay, phaser, and chorus pedals?

try to keep it below $110. I will definitely not buy anything over $120.

EDIT: The budget I mentioned above is for each pedal individually, not the price of all 3 combined.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 14, 2009,
No point in spending that much money, you will end up with pretty sub-par pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Don't buy cheap pedals as a quick solution - you'll only regret it later.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by blue_strat
Wait until you've got that Blackheart.

I'm not buying them yet not even anytime soon

Once I get used to the new amp and I get the Vox Wah and Big Muff and mess around with those and get used to them... THEN I'll go out and get pedals for the effects loop. I'd just like to know what to get ahead of time
I'll admit I don't know much about delay or phaser, but the only decent lower-priced chorus I can think of is a used Small Clone.

Should be easy enough to come by since they're pretty common. Try to get an older one.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
If you really don't want to spend that much get these:
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
Ibanez DE7
Anything cheaper will pretty much not be worth it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
biyang ad-8 analog delay $66 on ebay
biyang ph-8 phaser $46
berhinger vp1 phaser $30
biyang ch-8 chorus $57
danelectro cool cat chorus $30
rocktron tsunami chorus/delay $40
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Honestly, unless you find a good deal on a used pedal, you're not going to find much of anything for under $80 new. I don't know of any delay pedals that sell at that price point.

There are some limited options for phaser and chorus. ModTone sells the Atomic Phaser (I think) and Aqua Chorus that would be in your price range, Boss has two chorus pedals and a phaser pedal in that range, and the DigiTech X-Series range has a chorus and phaser pedal that are under $80. The Danelectro Cool Cat series has a chorus pedal for around $60. I'm not personally aware of other pedals that fit your criteria.
Quote by mikewaz
Honestly, unless you find a good deal on a used pedal, you're not going to find much of anything for under $80 new. I don't know of any delay pedals that sell at that price point.

There are some limited options for phaser and chorus. ModTone sells the Atomic Phaser (I think) and Aqua Chorus that would be in your price range, Boss has two chorus pedals and a phaser pedal in that range, and the DigiTech X-Series range has a chorus and phaser pedal that are under $80. The Danelectro Cool Cat series has a chorus pedal for around $60. I'm not personally aware of other pedals that fit your criteria.

I wouldn't mind if the price is higher than $80, I'd just like if it was around $80... I'm willing to pay anything between $100-$110 if its worth it.
Delays:
Boss dd-3 - $110
Deltalab dd-1 - $60
Line6 tonecore echopark - $70

Chorus:
Ehx small clone - $84

Phaser:
Ehx small stone - $78
Mxr csp-101cl custom shop script phase 90 with led- $99
Fender Am. Dlx Strat HSS LT
Budda budwah
Fulltone OCD NEW!
Tonebone trimode
EB VP JR. NEW!
Boss TU-2 Tuner
TCE ND-1 nova delay
Voodoo Labs PP2+
Dimarzio Ygnwie, mogami gold, monster rock cables
BH little giant half stack
Quote by kyle2blue

Line6 tonecore echopark - $70

Ehx small clone - $84

Ehx small stone - $78
Mxr csp-101cl custom shop script phase 90 with led- $99

This.
With that much money the only pedal i'l buy is a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah which is probably that best pedal you'll get, the rest you won't use too much, but a wah pedal (dunlop or vox) will really inpact your sound and tons of famous musicians use them! And also a MXR Phase 90 pedal would be good too, but you might just want to save up for a good multi effects pedal from Boss or someone
No one mentioned the BOSS CE-2 yet? That's definitely a chorus pedal to consider.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by FlightofIcarus
No one mentioned the BOSS CE-2 yet? That's definitely a chorus pedal to consider.

It's not under $110...

Quote by bubb_tubbs
It's not under $110...
That depends. The MIT ones are much cheaper than the MIJ ones, and the difference, if any, is supposed to be negligible. I got one for $75.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Well, I've watched some youtube videos, looked at some reviews, and for delay, I think I'm gonna go with the Modtone MT-AD for chorus one of the Boss CE-5, and for the phaser I'm going with the MXR Phaser 90.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Well, I've watched some youtube videos, looked at some reviews, and for delay, I think I'm gonna go with the Modtone MT-AD for chorus one of the Boss CE-5, and for the phaser I'm going with the MXR Phaser 90.

you should definitely try them out with the amp first, if you can, before buying them.
Fender Am. Dlx Strat HSS LT
Budda budwah
Fulltone OCD NEW!
Tonebone trimode
EB VP JR. NEW!
Boss TU-2 Tuner
TCE ND-1 nova delay
Voodoo Labs PP2+
Dimarzio Ygnwie, mogami gold, monster rock cables
BH little giant half stack
When they come out, you can consider the EHX Memory Boy and Memory Toy for delay pedals. I believe they will be selling for under $100. They're full analog with modulated repeats, so as long as you don't need a huge range on the delay time, they would likely be good options if the sound quality is like that on the Deluxe Memory Man.