Well well, my B-day is approaching so im getting my lovely Ibanez RG350mdx that I have completly fallen in love with! Thing is, I got a crappy 20 watt Laney noob amp that sounds completly trash, so I'm also getting a new amp, thing is... which one ?

I really love metal or other more heavy oriented styles, I rarely play cleans or blues but I might try it out for the future, but now I want to stick with a more metall oriented amp...

I've searched for tons of suggestions and I've come to several good amps, my budget goes around for the price of those amps... but living in europe, sweden, makes it very hard to state a Dollar-wise budget, so as previously stated, budget goes around for the price of following amps

Peavy Vypyr 30 Watt version - Pros? Cons? The price seems good, heard tons of good stuff but I've also heard that the software in the amp kinda freezes and has some minor glitches, but I suppose I can live with it... also heard it's very versatile and makes VERY good metall sound apart from the cleans... Another downer I heard is that it's a very complicated amp to get good sounds for, but with time people get used to it...

Also wondered, is it worth to get a footswith for it? to quickly change from cleans to distortion for gigging and to make use of other effects... Im really into metallica and i wonder how i would get a nice Wah considering I got a digitech RP70?

Would the 30 watt be enough to do small gigs at school ? I've heard it's ****ing loud for it's size, also for gigging, PA systems could work.... Haven't tested this amp but I will!

Peavy bandit - I tested it fast and it sounded very strange, might be me being a living failure when it comes to equalizing, and I've heard bad things about it

Peavy valveking 112 - Expensive and tube amp, not sure on the difference from a solid state apart that they tend to have a shorter lifespawn and cost more because of tube changing. Tested it quick but don't remember the sound, it seemed like a complicated amp... Heard above average reviews

Spider Line 6 75 Watt - Tested it and it sounded very great, I didn't even test the presets that I've heard are sooo great. The insane chanel sounded very good and it was a more user friendly and not so complicated, HOWEVER it's a bit more expensive than the vypyr and I've heard SO much bull**** from tons of people of the Spider amps... Reviewers praise it and say it has an amazing sound for the price, versatile and good... however if i buy this I want to make sure it's a lasting amp for my new guitar... On the other side, I have heard that the vypyr rapes this amp soundwise, stating it's not ''digital'' sounding...

I, a guitar noob, beg for the UG community to help me out, I'm just a 15 year old soon to be 16 kid that does not have all the money in the world to spend, so Iwant to make sure that the amp I get will be my best friend and last for a while

Thanks beforehand

I
Let me put it this way. If you think the Valveking is expensive you might not get a very good amp. That being said, you can get a louder, more versatile, and just plain better tube amp than the Valveking for only $360. A B-52 AT-112 is exactly what you are looking for.

The Vypyr is a good modelling amp but you could get a used Flextone for $350 and it would be miles ahead of the Vypyr.

Now the Spider III is kind of a forbidden amp in these parts. It is ok for practice, but it should be avoided as a long term investment amp.

Since you live in Europe you might not be able to get a B-52 and that is a real shame because it is by far the best option new imo. I would find a used Line 6 Flextone if I were you because of its superior modelling and sound quality.
I have a Line 6, wouldn't recommend it personally...
I thought it was brilliant when I first got it, but I wish I had learned more about amps when I got it and got something better instead.
Some great amps for you would be the B52 ATT-112 and the Line 6 Flextone (NOT SPIDER!!)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Get a USED Line6 Flextone (if you prefer modeling)
or a NEW B-52 AT 112 (if you gig)
or a Roland Cube 30x (if you prefer new and modeling)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
yeah heard that I could not get that B-52 amp... damn but i'll check out the Line 6 Flextone, althought I've heard that the peavy vypyr 30 rapes the roland cube 30?
Quote by pjuckazz
yeah heard that I could not get that B-52 amp... damn but i'll check out the Line 6 Flextone, althought I've heard that the peavy vypyr 30 rapes the roland cube 30?

Not for heavier styles, and of late people have questioned the Vypyr's reliability.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Not for heavier styles, and of late people have questioned the Vypyr's reliability.

You are right, I've also been reading that the reliability is the biggest flaw, but what flextone model should I be looking at? will it be a good amp for HEAVIER styles? I'm more interested in metall, not blues
Either the 112 or the 212 flextone would do fine I guess.
Check out the Peavey Vypyr Tube as well. It's like the vypyr except it uses a tube power amp section.

Also one more suggestion. If it's possible to get Bugera amps in your country, check out the 333 and 333xl.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
It's hard to tell man, it really depends on the amp, I mean, if i have to spend money on a little more expensive amp then i'll save for it, it may go around 250 bucks, but if more is need i will save