I have been playing for two and a half almost 3 years. My biggest problem is that I never learn songs all the way through even thougg I want to. I feel i might just need some new songs. I like alot of prog rock and prog metal. My rythem is pretty good but soloing is crap. Thanks guys.
I am not sure if this is right forum either, if it isn't I will move or delete it.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull entourage Mini-Jumbo
Crate V18
Vox V847 wah
Try some SikTh?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Any suggestion as to what song, I have never even heard of them.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate V18
Vox V847 wah
play some Rush.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by TheNextJimi
Any suggestion as to what song, I have never even heard of them.

Part of the friction to start.
Try Bland Street Bloom.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
ok thanks I will check it out
Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate V18
Vox V847 wah
You really need to find something you really like. I'm sort of in the same situation as you. I never learn solos. I don't want to spend time memorizing (mainly because my memory sucks) them when I could just have fun improvising the solo and adding my own personal artistic flare. I only learn parts that I really like. I also found that I'm more likely to learn long instrumental passages more that short solos.

Look up some Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, Gary Moore, Jason Becker, and Between the Buried and Me. Those are my favorites and you'll learn a lot from them
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jul 14, 2009,
JELIFISH I know I need to but the problem is I am getting bored with what I have it is either too easy or too advanced. I just needed some advice on some new songs to check out. Do you happen to have any?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate V18
Vox V847 wah
Quote by JELIFISH19
You really need to find something you really like. I'm sort of in the same situation as you. I never learn solos. I don't want to spend time memorizing (mainly because my memory sucks) them when I could just have fun improvising the solo and adding my own personal artistic flare. I only learn parts that I really like. I also found that I'm more likely to learn long instrumental passages more that short solos.

Being able to hum what you are going to learn makes learning it so much easier.
And Chew GUM. Something about Gum makes the memory work better... and its great for staying awake during class
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
I also find that chewing gum can help me remember. And thanks for the sikth introduction, learning hold my finger right now.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate V18
Vox V847 wah
Quote by TheNextJimi
I also find that chewing gum can help me remember. And thanks for the sikth introduction, learning hold my finger right now.

Its a tip they give medical students at my moms college. Works wonders sometimes.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Thats cool, I though I was just weird
Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate V18
Vox V847 wah
Quote by TheNextJimi
Thats cool, I though I was just weird

Nope :P

But its really bad when you chew gum to stay awake.. then for a second you forget to chew and you practically instantly pass out. hhh.. school 15 hours a day is fun
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Why not just go back to old songs and learn them all the way through...?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Why not just go back to old songs and learn them all the way through...?

Maybe he gets bored of songs quickly like I do :P
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr