They're meant to be reliable. No problems build wise with mine so far, other than one of the metal clips that helps holds the power valves in tight randomly snapped in half. I reckon due to heat stress, but Engl sent a replacement. quick and easy.
ENGL Amps are quality amps, they're gonna last you for years.
i think you are confusing it with Bugera
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ENGL Amps are quality amps, they're gonna last you for years.
i think you are confusing it with Bugera

Confuse an ENGL Powerball with a Bugera.. LOL
The only problem with the Powerball is that it sounds like ass
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by BobDetroit
Aren't ENGL amps hand built?

There's no way they're hand built... The inside of those things look like computers.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
There's no way they're hand built... The inside of those things look like computers.

Yea. I think it's just hand wired to the jacks, pots, etc. like most high end amps.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by kayman121
The only problem with the Powerball is that it sounds like ass

This.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I've seen like, 10 threads or so with people saying the Powerball is horrible. Does ENGL make other good amps, or is it just that model?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
I've seen like, 10 threads or so with people saying the Powerball is horrible. Does ENGL make other good amps, or is it just that model?

Every amp Engl makes is a good amp, depending on if you like the tone. The Powerball seems to be an acquired taste, but there's always the Thunder, Screamer, Fireball, Blackmore, Savage, Invader and SE
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Say Ocean
Problems arise from people trying to turn the mid knob higher than it will go in an attempt to get the amp to cut through the mix.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by cjb2293
I've heard that the ENGL powerballs don't last very long before they blow parts and tubes.

Can anyone explain if this is true or not?

Not true. Whats there to explain?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by dcdossett65

Invader/SE/Savage 120 is to powerball as Plexis are to MGs. And for ppl that are trying to get the powerball sound they think they hear in their head, the Fireball is 50x better at achieving such a sound, for cheaper.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by Say Ocean
Problems arise from people trying to turn the mid knob higher than it will go in an attempt to get the amp to cut through the mix.

Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by MatrixClaw
Every amp Engl makes is a good amp, depending on if you like the tone. The Powerball seems to be an acquired taste, but there's always the Thunder, Screamer, Fireball, Blackmore, Savage, Invader and SE

+1

Quote by Say Ocean

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?