To my understanding, the HT fuse a fuse internally, rather then the main fuse.

My amp has no sound but still power, so I was reading that maybe it could be the ht fuse. Here's a pic of my amp, with the 4 fuses marked with an X, which one is the HT fuse? Also, if there any risks taking by removing it like shock hazzard if the amp is off?

Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Anybody?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I believe it is the one all the way to the right. Generally they go if the tubes (or a tube) are worn.
You run the risk of killing yourself if you don't discharge the capacitors (like the giantass one in the picture). Take it to a tech since I am guessing you don't know how to do it yourself.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
You run the risk of killing yourself if you don't discharge the capacitors (like the giantass one in the picture). Take it to a tech since I am guessing you don't know how to do it yourself.

I just use a grounded screwdriver with my workboots on and one hand in my back pocket (no through current). But honestly, don't try it yourself - I don't want to be responsible for anybody getting hurt.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Do I need a certain type of fuse to replace it with? Or the same as the main fuse uses (f3a).
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
f3a just indicates the fuse number on the PCB, it is not a fuse type.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
So any fuse the same size will do?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I don't know, but I doubt it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

No you cant just replace it with any other random fuse of the same size it needs to be of the same rating and type. The rating will be written on the metal base of the fuse, you can see some of the writing in the pic. The clear fuses on the left will be pretty obvious if they are bad as they are clear glass, looking at the pick they look good, and 2 of em would have to be unsoldered anyways. The right 1 you would have to test for continuity. Removing the fuse isnt difficult and should be no risk of electric shock, especially if its been unplugged for a while. There are little plastic fuse pullers available Ive seen em sold with packs of fuses at an auto parts store. Sometimes there is also a fuse inside where the wall cord plugs in. If your gonna get a fuse get several as there was a reason it blew, usually its the power tubes.