Page 1 of 2
While channel flipping tonight I notice a 9 year old kid holding a croc-skin LP style guitar. I stay on the channel, interested, suspecting that it was an Ibanez. Imagine my suprise when I see that its not an Ibanez...its a DBZ.

http://carlinoguitars.com/images/DBZUSACrocBolero.jpg

This kids father must know someone very high up in the DBZ company to be holding a $4000 guitar that (as far as I now) isn't even being sold on the open market now.

As for how the guitar sounds I can't say. He just played some bluesy beginner stuff with some bends thrown in. The crowd ,of course, went as wild as you would expect anyone who doesn't play guitar to get.

Anyone else see this? I mean...the guitar was beautiful, the kid was spoiled (yes im jealous!!) and I really want to see more...
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Cool, so hes playing a guitar noone else has yet... ..so?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I did. Like you said it was some easy beginner blues.But the crowd thought it was amazing but he's only 9.

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Holy crap, my dad showed me that clip 5 minutes ago... That kid IS spoiled, he wasn't even that good.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by leftyace

This kids father must know someone very high up in the DBZ company to be holding a $4000 guitar that (as far as I now) isn't even being sold on the open market now.

DBZ probably gave him that guitar because they realized he was going to be on TV. It got seen by millions of people. Thats what they want.
Quote by Matt420740
DBZ probably gave him that guitar because they realized he was going to be on TV. It got seen by millions of people. Thats what they want.

+1
Quote by Matt420740

Put me on TV then! Hell, if thats what it takes to get a DBZ I'll do it

Quote by Matt420740

QFT
Quote by consecutive e
Let me be the first to say.

Pics or gtfo.

Quote by CaptDin
Guitar Center - because someone has to trick people into buying Line 6 amps.

[img]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=77198&stc=1[/img]
Quote by Matt420740

Sounds like a good move to me.
Yea I suppose thats one possible explanation. Still, I dont think there was any active advertisment for the guitars. I mean, if you didn't know it was a DBZ than you really wouldn't have any idea of what it was.

He has a bunch of sponsorships. He has been a working blues guitar player for like 2 years now. He played with Les Paul. He can play much better **** than what he played tonight too...

He is really good. Just youtube him. He has tons of videos on there...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
had he played some metallica or megadeath possibly some zepplin i would have been impressed for being only 9.

im going to jump him and steal his guitar......*open door to go on a misson*
~GEAR~
Dean Vendetta XM
Schecter Damien FR
SD 59/JB
Raven RG100H/RG412
Crate GT-15
Delta Lab Metal Distortion
Boss DS-1
Meastro Overdrive
DOD Tec8
EB STHB 10-52
Dava Picks
Quote by leftyace
Yea I suppose thats one possible explanation. Still, I dont think there was any active advertisment for the guitars. I mean, if you didn't know it was a DBZ than you really wouldn't have any idea of what it was.

Have you ever seen someone playing a really cool guitar that you've never seen before? You come on UG and ask about it. Then someone posts a picture of it and everyone thinks it's the sexiest thing ever. Everyone looks up some info on it and then before you know it, everyone on UG knows about that guitar. Some of us are bound to buy it.
a link would be great
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
Last edited by TTElectro at Jul 15, 2009,
Well, I guess he's alright for his age and lucky as hell to have so many guitars... but his 'talent' definitely isn't worth a million dollars imo. He's sponsered?? I find that a little hard to believe, there are so many more youtube guitarists that deserve sponserships alot more than a decent 9/10 year old kid.

Quote by TTElectro
a link would be great

^ This.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
He actually wasn't as bad as everyone in this thread makes him out to be. For 9 years old, and playing on a guitar that's as big as he was, and playing in front of thousands of people (Not including the millions watching), he wasn't that bad. A bit sloppy, not the best at muting, and not the best improv. But he hasn't had the years of experience that the 'pros' have.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
He actually wasn't as bad as everyone in this thread makes him out to be. For 9 years old, and playing on a guitar that's as big as he was, and playing in front of thousands of people (Not including the millions watching), he wasn't that bad. A bit sloppy, not the best at muting, and not the best improv. But he hasn't had the years of experience that the 'pros' have.

True, he had all those factors working against him. But even considering all those factors I still don't think he's a Million dollar player. The whole point of the show is to find an American that has a million dollar talent. If the judges can't realize whats talent and whats a lucky beginner than they should be fired, period.

Quote by Baby Joel

Quite true and considering how much bigger the guitar is to him and how many people he was playing for you can't blame him. Give him another few years and he will be an extrodinary guitarist. Plus, any 9 year old kid who states his enfluences as Satch, Hendrix, SRV, and even Joe Bonamassa gets a thumbs up in my book.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by leftyace
True, he had all those factors working against him. But even considering all those factors I still don't think he's a Million dollar player. The whole point of the show is to find an American that has a million dollar talent. If the judges can't realize whats talent and whats a lucky beginner than they should be fired, period.

They don't just judge on how good he is at the moment you know, they also judge on if he has the potential to be huge, and by the looks of him, he really does, and he looks as if he's gonna be the next Joe Bonamassa. He's really grown up about it as well, and has his own style of playing, which is nice.

Basically, he's young, and he's got a lot more of this to look forward to. It's nice that DBZ gave him the guitar, it gives him a bit of support and confidence, considering if I was his age and in the same situation, I'd be way too scared to play infront of so many people.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by MetalMan313
had he played some metallica or megadeath possibly some zepplin i would have been impressed for being only 9.
Fail

He won't win, but maybe he can use the publicity to network.
That's what the harmonica kid did a few years ago
my bros 10 and plays bass :P
he wanted to learn some songs so i gave him Pulling Teeth - Metallica lol
i know it isnt very hard (i think O.o) and my bro learnt it
and he performed infront of everyone in his little music class and they were amazed and also played in front of all bassists in the school bands they were amazed too O.o?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
he was good, but imo he was overrated.... and why was sharon so impressed i mean, she knew and worked with randy rhodes RANDY RHODES
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
he was good, but imo he was overrated.... and why was sharon so impressed i mean, she knew and worked with randy rhodes RANDY RHODES

Because Randy Rhodes wasn't 9.

Everything is more impressive to mothers when a cute little kid does it. Just like straight guys think anything's amazing when an attractive girl does it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
kids got heart but his playing needs to improve a little more before its worth that million bucks. thats just frankly the truth. give a few more years and he'll be rippin. i was really happy to hear his influences though, good kid!

and why does everyone hate on pierce? like when that 74 year old disco man was up and pierce said no and the crowd boo'd. like wtf, hes right, its a million dollar talent show... get serious, lol.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
The kid sucked pretty bad. I was playing far more complex **** at that age and to be honest, I was much better looking. Maybe metal just isn't TV friendly.
^Troll.
Metal isn't family-show friendly. When you're trying to earn a million dollars in front of millions of people, you need the audience's support. When the audience is mainly made of young folks and some middle-aged idiots, metal isn't going to cut it. People always will like blues, is the safest genre to play.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel

That was a bit 'meh' at best.
I mean, he didn't even play much, and playing two notes for two bars really isn't talent.
Just sounded like noise, he didn't even have much rhythm in his playing.

But, maybe that's just me, and the quality of the video.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
His tone was weird and the guitar wasn´t loud enough - I could not accurately judge his playing. Had a great attitude though - hopefully it wasn´t an act.
no Thats the blues kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTfDf4b5oE&feature=PlayList&p=CB0FEDFBFD553EF9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19

He had a Deal with Dean Guitar I remember and I think he might have followed Dean to DBZ
This is a year ago

pretty cool guitar though
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
This just isn´t impressive compared to the hundreds of amazing violin prodigies out there.

While the technical ability doesn´t impress me his attitude and genuine love of music does.
Last edited by Vlasco at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Vlasco
This just isn´t impressive compared to the hundreds of amazing violin prodigies out there.

While the technical ability doesn´t impress me his attitude and genuine love of music does.

Gotta love Vlasco, he has the good opinions and doesn't afraid of anything.

I can't even imagine how his talent will progress through the years, I didn't even know what the hell Dean was when I was nine, let alone be endorsed by them...

He seems pretty average for a person with four years experience, his age is the key to his fame though. Plain and simple.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
yeah i saw that last night. definitely not bad for a little kid, in a high pressure situation.

what bugged me the most though, was how the crowd and the people i was watching it with, they were just so in awe like it was srv beamed down from the mothership, ripping texas flood on them. and at that point, you look like an ass saying anything about how simple his playing is, since he is a little kid and all. so essentially you are forced to have to sit there and smile and agree at how awesome he is lol.

mainstream has no appreciation for musical complexity and talent.
lowest common denominator....same reason why bands like limp bizkit ever got recording contracts.
Page 1 of 2