I don't know who may have the same guitar but because the ibanez rg 370 dx has a whammy bar it is very hard to keep in tune because it hasn't got a fixed bridge, so I have to play around inside the guitar. I like to play in drop c what do I need to do with the guitar to keep it in tune what should I do to the springs inside please help this guitar is awsome I'd hate to have to get rid.
Chris
take it to a shop, get it set up professionally in the tuning you want... i did that with mine, set up in B standard and it never goes out of tune, but i don't do much with the trem really
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
Try taking it to a store or a repair shop and get them to show you how to set it up in front of you. If they tell you just to leave it with them and pick it up later, then go to another shop because it is best if you can learn how to do it yourself. It's usually the smaller stores that will give you their time to show you.

I have an RG370DX. I've had it for 4 years. I haven't used the whammy bar in 3 years simply because its a bad tremelo and it stopped holding tune after about 6 months or so. It's now blocked off with wood. However, it sounds like you've just gotten this guitar and you just need a good set up. When I first got mine, it was my first floating tremelo and I thought mine was broken like you probably do, but you just need to set it up right.

NOTE: You should be careful when adjusting the string action with the mounting studs because when you turn them, they grind up against the edge of the tremelo, and because its a cheap material the edge will blunt easily.

If the tremelo is too high you need to tighten the springs at the back. Seeing as you want to tune to C, you probably need to loosen the springs since it was probably set up for standard tuning when you bought it. You'll probably have to adjust the action using the mounting studs. Make sure you give each string a good stretch with your finger, tune it, tighten the locking nut, give another stretch, tune it and see what happens.

EDIT: to prevent the mounting studs from blunting the edge like I mentioned, loosen the strings. I'd loosen the strings and pull the bridge out to be extra careful.
Last edited by robert_says at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by Chrissy1990
I don't know who may have the same guitar but because the ibanez rg 370 dx has a whammy bar it is very hard to keep in tune because it hasn't got a fixed bridge, so I have to play around inside the guitar. I like to play in drop c what do I need to do with the guitar to keep it in tune what should I do to the springs inside please help this guitar is awsome I'd hate to have to get rid.
Chris

Apparently it's just a really bad trem

One of my mates has a 350 I think and he's taken it to 3 tech's and none of them could set it up...the reality is the best way to get an in tune trem is with an original floyd.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
If you want to tune to Drop C, it's best to use heavy gauge strings that will stay tight, like 11-50, or 10-52. You might also need to add another spring. To set up a floating bridge, I usually block it at the right angle and put the strings on it and tune it. Then I lock the nut. If the bridge rises, then I tighten the springs or add other ones, depending on how high it rises. If the spring sinks in, I loosen the springs. Then the the guitar stays in tune because it was tuned at the right bridge angle. This always worked for me, and just a few a days ago I set up the exact same guitar for my friend using this method. It stayed in tune perfectly.