Hey im trying to customize my Epiphone Flying V guitar and i need some help, I've already picked out all the new parts i want to add to it but I need some help with the Pickguard Because all the new parts depend on it. What i want to do is have a new pickguard made out of Mirrord Acrilic. Im worried about the new pickguard fitting onto my guitar, I want it to be the exact size as the old one. This is what it looks like now

I cant find pickguards like that Anywhere, All i've been able to find on google and Ebay is the traditional style pickguard for a V guitar

And im wondering that if i get that style will i be able to cut it and have it look like the original style pickguard. I've looked over my guitar and that picture carefully and the screw holes look like they are in the same spots.

Im also wondering about the Inlays. I've found a website to a store located in china that sells inlay patterns and things. This is the one im planning on installing if i can get the correct pickguard

And what im wondering is since its not actually in a fitted slot will it cause me problems since it will be sitting a bit higher than the fretboard? Its about 0.07 thick.
Will this mess with the tone of my strings or will the strings scratch off the inlay in time?

And for everyone that wants, Heres the website where i found the inlays

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tree-Of-Life-GR-Fret-Markers-Inlay-Sticker-For-Guitar_W0QQitemZ150356084109QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item2301ebc58d&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A3%7C294%3A30

Thanks for the help guys, Cheers.
~Gear~
1958 Epiphone V
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender Starcaster
ESP LTD B-50 Bass
Dean Playmate Acoustic

~Effects~
Digitech Deathmetal
Delay
Chorus
Synth
Box Of Metal
Big Muff Pi
Morley Wah
There are a few guys on ebay that will make custom pickguards for people. You just need to take that one off and trace it onto a peice of posterboard and send it to them.

Don't but that other style of pickguard it won't work on your guitar.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Jul 14, 2009,
the thing i noticed from your 2 pics, is that the screw holes are in similar spots, but the holes for your volume and tone knobs, and toggle switch, are in different spots

edit: on closer inspection, the screw holes are not in the same spots. And the one you have is cut out for the whale tale (or whatever you call it) tailpiece, while the other one is not.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Jul 14, 2009,
This guy says he'll make any pickguard for you...any model, any configuration, any material... just email us for a quote. This auction is for a Gibson pickguard that won't fit an Epiphone.
http://cgi.ebay.com/58-FLYING-V-PICKGUARD_W0QQitemZ370225658303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item56332b39bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
lol, you cant buy a inlay and glue it to the fretboard.... thats just silly...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt

and why not?
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by sk8freakrt
and why not?

You have to cut(route, whatever) into your neck. and to do that you would need to take your frets out. Inlays =/= stickers
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by metal-matt

Some of them aren't regular stickers, but very thinly cut pieces of abalone, pearl, whatever. When I was regularly playing bars and 'crap' places, I bought some of those for one of my guitars so it's look expensive, without bringing an expensive guitar out. They actually look pretty snazzy, and aren't tall enough to mess up your playing, unless you have vintage or very worn frets.

So there
It has a very small amount of thin self adhesive on there, Its as thick as foil paper
~Gear~
1958 Epiphone V
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender Starcaster
ESP LTD B-50 Bass
Dean Playmate Acoustic

~Effects~
Digitech Deathmetal
Delay
Chorus
Synth
Box Of Metal