Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, just wanted to tell all of you to try out Awe-in-One picks...I was skeptical at first, but I gotta say I like them better than my Jazz IIIs (and I never thought I would use anything else). The proufound series is my personal favorite, but give them a try and feel/hear the difference for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
yeah the rock vibes/rock licks/folk series are sort of crazy in my opinion; they're not really my favorite. The profound series however just has amazing grip and control. I can get pinch harmonics better/easier with it and it just seems to be the perfect size for me. I can't really explain clearly how a pick is better than another...if you try it you will see haha
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
V picks were supposed to be better than Jazz IIIs also. For what it's worth I'll stick with my Jazz III XLs
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I prefer Pick Boy Jazz picks to anything.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Dunlop also has a new pick , called the sharp or something. It has a pointy tip and is bigger than the jazz III, avail in various materials too i think.
Quote by Injuyin
Seriously, does anyone use the "regular" sized Jazz III's?

THEY ARE BUILT FOR DWARVES DAMNIT.

On topic: I'd use the rock licks picks from them, they look like they have better attack.

Because small picks own. I have a very short pick tip preference so not having like 1/3 of the pick sticking out of my fingers at the back is nice.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
epiphone used to make strats I suppose...it's a late 80's or early 90's guitar...not sure..got it from my cousin as my first guitar about 5 years ago and decided to re-do this Christmas break..Check out the pics of it on my profile; it's a real beast!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
yeah everyone has the preference, but don't say you won't like these until you try them...I was skeptical as well, but they're pretty neat and very very comfortable. I have used the "Sharp" picks before as well but prefer the Jazz III to them...so it goes as follows: Awe-in-one profound series>Jazz III>Dunlop Sharp haha
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by Injuyin

On topic: I'd use the rock licks picks from them, they look like they have better attack.

yes the rocks licks are nice, but I'm just so used to the Jazz III size now I prefer the Profound series...The rocks licks is cool in that each edge produces a different sound though
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Eh, I've used those before. The grip feels very awkward to my fingers and I just can't use it. The day I picked up my Jazz III's, I knew I would never turn to anything else. Jazz III's (the normal sized ones, not that XL bulls***) are amazing.
Gear
Warmoth Stratocaster
Jackson KE3
ESP LTD EC-256

Bogner Alchemist 2x12
Vox AD30VT

Gator GPT-PWR Pedalboard
MXR CAE MC-404 Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Because small picks own. I have a very short pick tip preference so not having like 1/3 of the pick sticking out of my fingers at the back is nice.

+1

Once you try a Jazz pick for a few hours you can't go back to the normal ****. They facilitate a much smoother style too. And they weren't built fo dwarves. John Petrucci uses em and he looks like a ****in bear now.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Injuyin

I use Eric Johnson Jazz 3's and I will never change. Nothing has the combination of grip and playability that those have. AND THEY LAST SOOO LONG!!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I use the jazzIII most of the time for leads but honestly they are not as versatile as a standard more rounded pick. Gilbert likes the softer cello sound of an angled rounded pick but you can still get that sharp attack by moving the pick angle more in line with the string. There is more tones in a rounded pick, but the jazzIII is great for control and fast scales also the small tip is good for pinch h.
I'll stick to my Dunlop Tortex 1.00mm blues.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by bubb_tubbs

kudos!

Jazz III's own. I don't think I'll be ordering picks off the web anytime soon...
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I'll stick to my Dunlop Tortex 1.00mm blues.

**** yeah!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by forsaknazrael
What the hell is the ridge for?

I'll keep my Eric Johnson Jazz III's. >_>

the ridge I believe is for raking harmonics or gentle chord strums...Each edge on those picks has a purpose and produces a different sound which I thought was pretty neat...The profound series is still my favorite, though, which is basically an improved Jazz III
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
not tryina start ****... but can anyone tell me why the jazz IIIs are so great in the first place? i've been rockin' the dunlop tortex 1.0mm for quite some time.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by Kevin Saale
V picks were supposed to be better than Jazz IIIs also. For what it's worth I'll stick with my Jazz III XLs

I like my v-picks more than jazz III's, but I liked the 1.14 tortex more than the jazz too.

2.75 mm is the thickness for me
Quote by konfyouzd
not tryina start ****... but can anyone tell me why the jazz IIIs are so great in the first place? i've been rockin' the dunlop tortex 1.0mm for quite some time.

It's hard to explain without you trying one first.. They simply offer more control and feel and are easier to get pinch harmonics with as well. You won't like it at first because it will feel awkward, but after an hour or so of playing you won't want to use anything else.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
It's hard to explain without you trying one first.. They simply offer more control and feel and are easier to get pinch harmonics with as well. You won't like it at first because it will feel awkward, but after an hour or so of playing you won't want to use anything else.

Because everyone has the same playing style, right?
Quote by chuckmehh
because nobody likes a pick with control and feel, right?

What does that even mean? Quantify it, define it, and set up a basis for comparison. Giving your opinion is fine, presenting an opinion as fact without anything to back it up is pointless

to poster below me:
Quote by chuckmehh

Sounds like something copied right off the webpage, no 'in my experience' and he's telling me how I will feel about it
Last edited by pak1351 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by pak1351
Because everyone has the same playing style, right?

relax there, bud. he was explaining to me why HE likes them. that's all you're reading when you read reviews for gear you're considering. why *someone else* likes the gear. and if you hear enough positive testimonials, then perhaps you'll buy it.

and it's a little unfair for you to attack what he said by asking him to quantify feel because you know for a fact it can't be done. you've proved nothing by doing so other than that you like to play devil's advocate.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by konfyouzd

and it's a little unfair for you to attack what he said by asking him to quantify feel because you know for a fact it can't be done. you've proved nothing by doing so other than that you like to play devil's advocate.

Right, you can't say one has a better feel than the other, which is my point.
Quote by konfyouzd
relax there, bud. he was explaining to me why HE likes them. that's all you're reading when you read reviews for gear you're considering. why *someone else* likes the gear. and if you hear enough positive testimonials, then perhaps you'll buy it.

thank you...as I mentioned before it is impossible to "quantify" why I like these picks...You can't define feel in a measurable term..Just try the pick or don't try the pick, I just set up this forum so that some people can possibly find a pick that they love.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by pak1351

I can say, that, for me, the Awe in one profound series has a better feel than the Jazz III...What I can't do, however, is tell you how much better that feel is in a measurable unit....But if I could I would say it is 10 feelions better than the Jazz III...better?
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
I can say, that, for me, the Awe in one profound series has a better feel than the Jazz III...What I can't do, however, is tell you how much better that feel is in a measurable unit....But if I could I would say it is 10 feelions better than the Jazz III...better?

All you ahd to do was add the 'for me' instead of saying conclusively that it has better feel and control, that's the difference between stating an opinion and stating an opinion as a fact.

If you want to state is as a fact, prove that it is indeed, true
Quote by pak1351

yea i get that, but when it comes to gear there are very few facts other than: who makes it, what it's made of, how heavy is it, what colors are available.

how does it feel in my hands, does it make pleasant sounds, is it worth the money...? these are ALL opinions. all of which we typically read in gear reviews and it generally helps us decide on what to buy if we choose to take the review into consideration at all.

i know what you mean about people spouting off opinions as facts. i've seen some people start heated debates that way by trying so hard to push their opinion on someone, but i don't think that's the case here.
to poster below me:

Sounds like something copied right off the webpage, no 'in my experience' and he's telling me how I will feel about it[/QUOTE

Well everything I said was from my experience; I thought that was a given. And I'm simply saying that the majority of people I have introduced Jazz III picks to now use them. They are very popular for a reason and you should probably just give them a shot. They're like 10 cents if you just buy one...

That being said, I do honestly prefer the Profound series from Awe in one.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by pak1351
All you ahd to do was add the 'for me' instead of saying conclusively that it has better feel and control, that's the difference between stating an opinion and stating an opinion as a fact.

If you want to state is as a fact, prove that it is indeed, true

Alright sorry for not adding the "for me" but I did sort of figure that everyone would know this is an opinion. I know not everyone will use these picks or Jazz III's--I'm just trying to tell people to give them a shot.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Page 1 of 2