Anyone willing to share opinions on small 15w tube amps (I'm thinking small enough to carry with one hand). I'd like one that can handle pedals well without an effects loop.
I would prefer one channel, but if it has two I'll check it out. I'll use it for bedroom use and in stereo with my other amp at gigs.

I've been thinking:
Traynor YCV20WR
Blackheart BH15-112
Blues Junior

Other suggestions welcome, thanks.
What kind of sounds are you after? How much money do you have? Are you going to go used? What's your other amp?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
What kind of sounds are you after? How much money do you have? Are you going to go used? What's your other amp?

Sorry should've put that in here, I guess I thought it'd be rather evident with my amp choices, $300-700, blues, jazz, classic rock, 90's rock. Other amp is an epiphone blues custom 30, it's a bit mid-rangy so I'd like to get something more scooped if possible, but other than that, I just want a good overdrive to come out of the damn thing.
The blues jr aint bad, especially once you can crank it a little. Those other two are more british amps and will be more midrangey.

You might try to find a Deluxe reverb reissue used, would be a nice choice.

Any tube ampeg guitar amp would do you good, look used, there's lots out there.

Vintage fenders are worth a look as well, you'll never know what you're gonna find.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
The blues jr aint bad, especially once you can crank it a little. Those other two are more british amps and will be more midrangey.

You might try to find a Deluxe reverb reissue used, would be a nice choice.

Any tube ampeg guitar amp would do you good, look used, there's lots out there.

Vintage fenders are worth a look as well, you'll never know what you're gonna find.

Yeah I thought about an old fender champ. They re-issued them at one point, any idea what they're like? The two stores close to me are fresh out of small tube amps so I might be stuck buying online.

Is the deluxe reverb reissue pretty lightweight?
Quote by Rock Glenn
Sorry should've put that in here, I guess I thought it'd be rather evident with my amp choices, $300-700, blues, jazz, classic rock, 90's rock. Other amp is an epiphone blues custom 30, it's a bit mid-rangy so I'd like to get something more scooped if possible, but other than that, I just want a good overdrive to come out of the damn thing.

Do you need cleans at gigging volume for Jazz? Do you want natural break up or will you use a pedal for overdrive? That makes me think you need a two channel amp, drive and clean.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Do you need cleans at gigging volume for Jazz? Do you want natural break up or will you use a pedal for overdrive? That makes me think you need a two channel amp, drive and clean.

I want natural break up for gigging volume and my other amp is two channel, mainly I don't need two channels with this amp. Though I might be willing to check out a 5w amp, unless it'll just be drowned out if I ever run in stereo.
Then a Blues Jr or Ampeg Jet would be perfect, imo. I put the Jet on 3:00 on volume and its clean when I pick light, but has a nice growling drive when I dig in. Both are under $400 used all the time.
Quote by gregs1020
Then a Blues Jr or Ampeg Jet would be perfect, imo. I put the Jet on 3:00 on volume and its clean when I pick light, but has a nice growling drive when I dig in. Both are under $400 used all the time.

the Ampeg sounds perfect, I'll be trolling craigslist for the next week or two, thanks for the suggestions.
There's something awesome about the Epiphone Valve Junior.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

blackheart 15w handsome devil
$500-550 for half stack
$450 for combo
Fender Am. Dlx Strat HSS LT
Budda budwah
Fulltone OCD NEW!
Tonebone trimode
EB VP JR. NEW!
Boss TU-2 Tuner
TCE ND-1 nova delay
Voodoo Labs PP2+
Dimarzio Ygnwie, mogami gold, monster rock cables
BH little giant half stack
Quote by Rock Glenn
the Ampeg sounds perfect, I'll be trolling craigslist for the next week or two, thanks for the suggestions.

I've been plugged into a borrowed blues jr for the last couple weeks. Using it with my POD and pedals it is pretty decent. I'm going to go with a Rebel 20 i think but for your portability needs the Bj would be good.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Vox Night Train?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by scott58
I've been plugged into a borrowed blues jr for the last couple weeks. Using it with my POD and pedals it is pretty decent. I'm going to go with a Rebel 20 i think but for your portability needs the Bj would be good.

Yeah Blues Jr is about the size I need, but I really want to know what else is out there.
I thought about the Blackheart Handsome Devil but it seems a little big.

I need something I can carry across town with one hand, with my guitar in the other.
if you feel like putting in some time and effort for serious reward, i would recommend finding an old tiny combo from the 50's or so. i picked up a kay that sounds out of this world good, they don't make em like that anymore. mine came with original tubes(including a black plate rca 6v6! and tube rectifier) and speaker(jenson alnico 5!). the shop i go to also had a gretch combo that was similar. they are around.

btw i spent around 400 bucks on mine, no regrets. it totally fills my 'carry in one hand' necessity, before i was using a princeton II for that role, but this is way better sounding and much smaller.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae