I have been playing for a year now, and everything I play sounds bad, especially my hammer-ons and pull offs. The pull-offs sound quieter or too loud, it is obvious when I go to the next string, like it isn't smooth at all. I can hardly play any songs without them sounding bad, and everything just sounds bad. I've thought of just blaming my equipment,(Squier Strat, fender frontman 15r, boss ds-1) but I figured I am just not good. Any chance of me improving, or am I doomed to fail?
i think you are doomed to fail.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Are you taking lessons?
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Take things slow, If you have been playing for month 7 days a week, take a few days break. Give the muscles in your hands and arms a break. Practise things slowly, work on getting it rights and playing it smooth before you speed it up.
The most important thing i find, Keep a positive mind.
Gear:

Charvel So-Cal Style 1 HH
Jackson Pro Series RR24M
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Keep Practicing. Isolate areas of your technique that you feel are lacking and devote a little more time to them - you'll see improvement.
Quote by jsaatsaz
Are you taking lessons?

I Think you should if you been playing for a year and you still think you sound bad.. They ll probably give you some pointers and scales, but i never took lessons and I ive been playing for a year too. All I did was learn how to read the tab and follow the same rhythm that the song was played. Thats how i taught myself. but keep praciticin and trying you feel rewarded once you got a song on the instrument.
I'm sure you are improving. For me, the more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know. It takes a long time to get good. In the beginning you are so focused on putting your fingers on the right frets to play the notes that you don't really "hear" what you are playing. After you get more comfortable playing and you actually listen to what you are playing, you hear the extra noise from the other strings. Then you realize you have to learn how to mute strings. The notes you don't play are as important as the notes you do play. And as you get better you take on bigger challenges, so it seems like you are always struggling. Just stay disciplined and keep practicing and you'll get better. You might want to record yourself every now and listen back from time to time to help realize your progress.
What you have to do is focus on making things sound good - practice playing through simple chords cleanly and in time, and soon enough you can play through thousands of songs and sound great.
You can either:

A) Practice harder and stop complaining.

or

B) Stop practicing so hard and let the feeling come out (assuming you're a musician and not just a cover instrumentalist).
making yourself feel bad makes you band, dont complain and just play stuff and perfect it, then move onto putting your heart into the guitar, i dont care if it sounds good or bad but as long as it makes you feel good. you got it.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Quote by neo14085
making yourself feel bad makes you band, dont complain and just play stuff and perfect it, then move onto putting your heart into the guitar, i dont care if it sounds good or bad but as long as it makes you feel good. you got it.

Nice said

And why excatly the sons sound bad ?
Hey dude, I have been playing for 3 years and their are times that I think i suck. Knowing that is not true i just keep playing every day and perfecting as much as possibal. If you really like playing just stick with it and it will come in time. You just really have to have the want in order to have...
slow downyour practice so you can improve your technique and have confedince in yourself
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.