So today I bought a Marshall EH-1 Echohead at my local music store, and I love it, the only problem is, since they were all out of the standard one I guess, they said that a Roland DP-2 would work fine for the tap tempo input. I brought it home and plugged everything in, I tried the tap tempo the standard way - tapped it a few times and started playing to see if it worked - and it would repeat about 4 or 5 times then just cut out, and after that there would be no delay if I played, unless I did it again. Well I found out that after tapping, I have to hold it down in order for it to not cut out, and it works fine, except it's kind of a nuisance to keep it pressed down. I was wondering if other tap tempo footswitches like the Marshall PEDL-10040 and the Boss FS-5U would do the same, or would I just be able to tap and play, not keeping it pressed down?

Thanks.
Wow that's quite stupid. I never seen that before. Ask them if you can trade it in for something else.
Quote by Tempoe
Wow that's quite stupid. I never seen that before. Ask them if you can trade it in for something else.

yeah, if you went in there looking for another item, and they directed you to this one (and if it wasn't like a year ago) they should be cool about it.