I dont know what the hell to do. i loved that guitar and now it has a snap going down the neck right next to the headstock because i'm dumb as ****. when i dropped it the neck hit the wooden edge of my bed. to further **** things up i tried superglueing it back together(it was in two pieces) but the glue expanded a bit as it dried on one side, causing buzz when i tried to play. my dad doesn't know about the break yet but he's going to pissed when he finds out. I have a guitar lesson at 4:30 tomorrow that there's no way of getting out of. please pit, give me your noble guidance.
Was it a les paul?

SPORKEDIT:
Quote by ijustcame
I dont know what the hell to do. i loved that guitar and now it has a snap going down the neck right next to the headstock because i'm dumb as ****. when i dropped it the neck hit the wooden edge of my bed. to further **** things up i tried superglueing it back together(it was in two pieces) but the glue expanded a bit as it dried on one side, causing buzz when i tried to play. my dad doesn't know about the break yet but he's going to pissed when he finds out. I have a guitar lesson at 4:30 tomorrow that there's no way of getting out of. please pit, give me your noble guidance.

Im sorry, but Superglue isnt gonna do anything. You need a high powered industrial strength woodglue, or maybe an epoxy, if you wanna do it yourself.
This happened to my LP a while ago. We eventually got money from american express to buy a new one (because the old one broke 4 days after i bought it). It would have costed like 200 bucks wherever we took it, and would have taken 3 weeks or more, so we fixed it ourselves. We put woodglue on both parts of the neck (the more surface area there is, the better), clamped it, and let it dry for 24 hours. Then we put wood filler in to replace the lost finishing, and then we applied a bunch of polish. Basically, its gonna take a few weeks no matter how you look at it.
Last edited by sporkman7 at Jul 14, 2009,
You may want to post this in the Guitar forum, they might be able to help you.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
just dont go to the guitar lesson durrrrr

but uhhh i go witch the duct tape guy because it fixes everything...cept ducks
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
Get some Titebond original and some clamps. If its already snapped than you should sand it a little bit to give it something to stick to, apply Titebond glue, than clamp it together.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
New neck time! Take it to a shop. Also, for your lesson, just borrow one of you teacher's guitars, I'm sure he has more than one.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
go see a guy who fixs guitar. my friends guitar broke right near the headstock and the guy fixed it up and she plays great now.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by BlackIce87
Get some Titebond original and some clamps. If its already snapped than you should sand it a little bit to give it something to stick to, apply Titebond glue, than clamp it together.

This!

And if you have any other questions about guitar repair go to the GB&C forum(Gear Building & Customizing)
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by BlackIce87

this is the way to go.

if you want more advice, take this over the Gear Building & Customsing.

EDIT: damn you SGBurnsRed
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you superglued a broken neck and it held with the string tension? BS.

I thought that too...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by telemetal
this is the way to go.

if you want more advice, take this over the Gear Building & Customsing.

EDIT: damn you SGBurnsRed

haha

for thinking the same lol and have a
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08