i took this to the pit but my thread closed and i was referred to you guys

I dont know what the hell to do. i loved that guitar and now it has a snap going down the neck right next to the headstock because i'm dumb as ****. when i dropped it the neck hit the wooden edge of my bed. to further **** things up i tried superglueing it back together(it was in two pieces) but the glue expanded a bit as it dried on one side, causing buzz when i tried to play. my dad doesn't know about the break yet but he's going to pissed when he finds out. I have a guitar lesson at 4:30 tomorrow that there's no way of getting out of. please help.
wow... fail with the super glue....

As far as i know, you facked it over when you used super glue instead of woodglue and clamping it.

Pics would help, but from the sound of things you may have done it in.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Titebond original and clamps like I said in the pit.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by SGburnsRED
Titebond original and clamps like I said in the pit.

i wish i would have that of that before i messed it all up with the superglue(i know im a jackass). is there anyway i can remove the superglue i already put on the neck?
pics or GTFO
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by ijustcame
i wish i would have that of that before i messed it all up with the superglue(i know im a jackass). is there anyway i can remove the superglue i already put on the neck?

No. Super glue ain't coming out. Never glue something like that without it being clamped firmly in position.
Quote by GODhimself37
pics or GTFO

This, I want to see this fail in all of it's sticky glory.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
yea atry gettin a pocketknife or any sharp knife and rest it on the wood and scrape it off also if u take it back to a store they willl be glad to help my friend had the same problem
I'm not sure how you would get that superglue off. Maybe you can try and sand it off.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by ijustcame
whatever comes out easily, just scrape off. the rest, don't mess with. try to not mess up the wood. do NOT sand the wood.

glue it with titebond original and clamp it like there's no tomorrow.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I could get an allparts replacement neck for ya on the cheap if you have money... if not, do as stated above. the superglue idea was epic p4a17z
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
whatever comes out easily, just scrape off. the rest, don't mess with. try to not mess up the wood. do NOT sand the wood.

glue it with titebond original and clamp it like there's no tomorrow.

If there's stuff you can't scrape off that might interfere with a tight joint use acetone(preferably purer than in nail polish remover) and a q-tip to remove it, making sure you don't let any of it touch the the finish at all.
Last edited by ApeWeevil at Jul 15, 2009,
I like the chemical suggestion. As SYK said you cannot sand it. If you sand it then you might as well throw it away because you would ruin your gluing surface.
Scraping would be okay, but if you splinter off or smooth any of the wood around the break you will be in trouble.

I can't stress enough how important the clamping part is. Multiple clamps, and make sure to put a thin piece of scrap wood or cardboard between the neck and clamps so that you don't dent the neck with the clamps.

Please take pics though, I want to see this.
^^^
whoa when did those emtions come?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by ryand111
^^^
whoa when did those emtions come?

they didn't...its just a .gif file off google that I inserted as a pic
This thread fails. Typical 12 year old OMG SOMETHING BROKE SUPER GLOW NAOW BEFORE DAD GETS HOME AND IT WILL ALL BE GOOD!@!@!@$!@!@!@!@!@!@#@!@#@!@#@!@#@!

Too bad in 99.9% of cases super glue ****s everything up completely.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
This thread fails. Typical 12 year old OMG SOMETHING BROKE SUPER GLOW NAOW BEFORE DAD GETS HOME AND IT WILL ALL BE GOOD!@!@!@$!@!@!@!@!@!@#@!@#@!@#@!@#@!

This post fails. It gives nothing constructive, and is technically flaming and spamming.
At least the TS is asking for help.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
This post fails. It gives nothing constructive

Ditto
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
man you really effed up this time, pics or it didnt happen
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
ZOMFGPICZORITDIDNTHAPPEN!!!!??!1one!!eleventy!l33t

guys, stop asking him for pics just to laugh at him, he obviously doesn't know much about fixing guitars, just playing them and the way you guys are all like piczorban isn't making him feel any better, I know that if I broke my guitar, the last thing I'd want is people laughing at me after I desperatley tried to fix it and then came to the advice of professionals, I mean seriously! f***ing uncool.
Last edited by Stoney93 at Jul 15, 2009,
not all of us were asking for pics to make fun of him...but its hard to give any kind of advice in a thread like this with nothing visual to go off of.
Quote by GODhimself37
pics or GTFO

Quote by Necrophagist777
This, I want to see this fail in all of it's sticky glory.

Quote by cedricsmods
I like the chemical suggestion. As SYK said you cannot sand it. If you sand it then you might as well throw it away because you would ruin your gluing surface.
Scraping would be okay, but if you splinter off or smooth any of the wood around the break you will be in trouble.

I can't stress enough how important the clamping part is. Multiple clamps, and make sure to put a thin piece of scrap wood or cardboard between the neck and clamps so that you don't dent the neck with the clamps.

Please take pics though, I want to see this.

^this one was atleast helpful, but that last line was out of helpful context
Quote by eyebanez333

^this one would've been ok if it wasn't a bunch of smileys waving signs about
Quote by captaindonut
man you really effed up this time, pics or it didnt happen

there was only one post, by racman92, that actually asked for pics to help with the situation. I mean, c'mon guys, we don't want to turn this into The Pit, and that's probably why he was referred to this forum.
^this thread is worthless without pics though. How can TS expect any helpful information otherwise? And based on the fact that he hasn't responded with any pics or anymore information about his problem...this thread should just be closed anyway.

EDIT:

v
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jul 15, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
^this thread is worthless without pics though. How can TS expect any helpful information otherwise? And based on the fact that he hasn't responded with any pics or anymore information about his problem...this thread should just be closed anyway.

I think we can both agree on this. let's stop the fighting.
Quote by random_B-RAD

you have not met my dad. if you did, you'd understand why i did something stupid without thinking about what could happen. i was incredibly desperate and superglue was all i could find to try and get a half assed fix-up.
So, now that you're back, you have pictures of the neck so we can help you right?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me