Just wandering if it would be possible to replace (on a BC Rich Metal Master Warlock) the original wrap around bridge with an original floyd rose tremolo.

I guess it all depends on...

- If the tremolo system goes inside the body (like a strat fixed bridge)
- If the original wrap around bridge will leave big holes where the big bolts were, and show, or prevent the floyd rose being installed properly

Thanks for ya help
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
You will have to route out a pretty large chunk of the body for the cavity. There are templates, but I'm too tired to go find them right now. if i am correct, where those holes for the bridge studs are will be routed away when routing for the floyd rose.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
It wouldn't be cost effective. If you did go to the lengths of routing your body, you'd have to re-paint as well.
Wraparound is gonna have a different neck angle than a trem guitar dose That might cause major fret buzz and string height difficulties. If its anything like my BC the body itsself is kinda angled in a funny way. Don't listen to Mattwhatshisface if you want to mod your guitar you do what you want. So i say do lots more reserch such as see what neck angle the warlock you have has and compare it to a FR'd Warlock before you even think of attempting this mod it sounds good but there maybe huge obsticals that you will face..........And be proud of your BC.........THEY REALLY ARE GOOD WHEN GIVEN SOME LOVE.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
I wouldn't risk taking cavity out of the body, finish is too nice as it is, and so much can go wrong. Too much risk and work just for the wanted benefit of being able to use a whammy bar. Thanks for the advice.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
BC Rich is an awesome ompany, In fact, I have a 1250 dollar(Canadian) guitar on it's way, well, It's probably being made, I don't know why it takes 5 months to get the guitar in(They dont stock the pro sries in satin grey). The one I'm talking about is an ASM Pro.

On topic,
It really isn't worth putting a Floyd Rose in a Metal Master, IMO It's best to buy a new guitar with a Floyd with it. Then, Use your other guitar(Kerry King signature Wartribe in my case) For drop tuning.
..I was watching my death.
The neck angle means nothing... There were lots of FR mods done to TOM-equipped guitars in the 80s, and the Floyd would just sit on top of the body instead of being recessed, so the saddles were at the same height as the TOM saddles.

For instance, both of Dimebag's old trusty mainstays (the brazilian burst ML he got from his dad, and the Dean from hell) had Floyds retrofitted, and neither were recessed.

Of course, you do have to route a spring cavity in the back and a little hole through the front for the block.
Quote by Pikka Bird
The neck angle means nothing... There were lots of FR mods done to TOM-equipped guitars in the 80s, and the Floyd would just sit on top of the body instead of being recessed, so the saddles were at the same height as the TOM saddles.

For instance, both of Dimebag's old trusty mainstays (the brazilian burst ML he got from his dad, and the Dean from hell) had Floyds retrofitted, and neither were recessed.

Of course, you do have to route a spring cavity in the back and a little hole through the front for the block.

Pika I was talking about a wrap around not directly a tom. Toms are generally fine but if his Bc is like mine it would have difficulties. When instaling a friends Cheap FR I had thought of doing the same with my BC and removed my wrap around and set the FR flush to where it should have been without the tremblock and ran some strings to the nut and pulled a bit they all just kinda rolled to the edges of the fretboard..........and thats what i based my analisis on.......not that your not right but i'm sure we are talking about different bridges altogether cause I have never seen a dean with a wraparound.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Unherolike: I don't know what the BC Rich wraparound bridges are like, but I've just seen mostly wraparounds that are at the same height as a TOM, so I just assumed...