So I'm broke. I have an Epiphone G-400 and some other stuff I want to get rid of because I never use. I need an amp ASAP because I'm in the process of forming a band but my amp situation is really holding us back. I have no amp. I'm playing my GT-10 using the line out through the home theater system in my room. I found this guy selling a JC-120 with a broken reverb for about $350 on craigslist. I offered him my guitar and the extras and he said he's down. Should I go through with it?
Hell yes. Do it nao!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
No. Sounds like a bad idea to me.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
No. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

The Roland Jazz Chorus is one of the best clean amps ever made. They take pedals extremely well and are loooud. It would be stupid not to trade a typical Epiphone for a JC.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
The Roland Jazz Chorus is one of the best clean amps ever made. They take pedals extremely well and are loooud. It would be stupid not to trade a typical Epiphone for a JC.

Yeah if you like your cleans sterile and dead, with a cheesy chorus effect, sure, there the best.
You're right, sterile and dead. I have no clue why I said that...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Well the main thing is that I could wait for something better to pop up. But I guess the JC-120 is one of those legendary amps that I can keep forever if I wanted to. It's not a bad long term, but I also saw a couple X100Bs available. But the sellers weren't interested in the trade. I guess I should take what I get and just save up for something else in the future.

Quote by PollyWntsCrack
Yeah if you like your cleans sterile and dead, with a cheesy chorus effect, sure, there the best.

Tell that to the millions of artists that have recorded on them and the ones who still use them live.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Well the main thing is that I could wait for something better to pop up. But I guess the JC-120 is one of those legendary amps that I can keep forever if I wanted to. It's not a bad long term, but I also saw a couple X100Bs available. But the sellers weren't interested in the trade. I guess I should take what I get and just save up for something else in the future.

Tell that to the millions of artists that have recorded on them and the ones who still use them live.

Ok, that may have came off a little strong let me try again...

IMHO the cleans are very sterile, many agree with me on this point, but as per normality many people disagree, it is an amp you have to try IMHO before you buy for the reason that its not an all around liked amp.
Get him down to $300 to cover the cost of fixing the verb. Nice amp though.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Wait, what exactly are you trading? Why in the hell would he trade a JC-120 for a G-400?

Also, you need to do some research first, because that amp is very limited in its uses, at least without some really good pedals. It is a very sterile, clean amp, which is great for jazz, reggae, possibly funk, and with pedals a lot more. But if you want classic rock, punkrock, or metal I'd say it's not worth it, you'd need damn near that much in pedals to make it really work well.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Jul 15, 2009,
Jazz Chorus=Some of the cleans ever.

Some people don't like the borderline overdrive on some tube amps when they play clean. James Hetfields rig has a couple of JC in his rig. Great amp.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by tubetime86
Wait, what exactly are you trading? Why in the hell would he trade a JC-120 for a G-400?

Also, you need to do some research first, because that amp is very limited in its uses, at least without some really good pedals. It is a very sterile, clean amp, which is great for jazz, reggae, possibly funk, and with pedals a lot more. But if you want classic rock, punkrock, or metal I'd say it's not worth it, you'd need damn near that much in pedals to make it really work well.

Well I would use the JC-120 with my GT-10. It's one of the recommended amps for multi-effects pedals and they use it in a lot of the Boss demos. The thing is that even if I do sell my G-400, it won't be enough money to buy an amp that I want. If I sell the G-400, I would ask for about $400. It has 2 Dirty Fingers in it. I'm selling it with a gig bag, strap, Digitech RP80, original pickups, and some cables. I'm just trying to get rid of that stuff because it just sits there collecting dust. I paid a little under $800 for everything. If I get $400 for it, that's still not enough for an amp that suits me that I can gig with. And I need one of those soon. I know that I can get the tone I'm looking for with the JC-120 because I have it in the GT-10.

Around here, Jazz Choruses go for about 200-500 depending on condition and if everything is working. There's also at least 3 on the site at any given time.

Here's the ad:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/msg/1269607339.html
Try it before, the Jazz Chorus is really a love or hate kind of amp.
Personnally I don't really like the cleans, but they take pedals very well and are LOUD, also the chorus and reverb are fantastic.
If I sell the G-400, I would ask for about $400.
Normally you could get about $225 - $275 for the G-400. I don't know how much of a premium the Dirty Fingers will draw. Maybe a $100. Sounds like a fair trade.